6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2010 5:52 PM by fac586 RSS

Button postion and style

Sgodavar-Oracle
      I'm using modern blue theme #20. I need to position buttons in certain location and color in my page. How can a create a button position "Above and below region" and button color red. any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
      Surya
        • 1. Re: Button postion and style
          Mahesh Reddy
          Hi Surya,

choose the button type as html button and in button attributes add style= "background:#FF1234; color:#FFFFFF" to change the color and coming to position i think you can change it in the button position..

Edited by: user11192939 on May 20, 2010 5:59 PM
          • 2. Re: Button postion and style
            Sgodavar-Oracle
            Thanks for the help. I don't have button position "Above and below region" option in the dropdown list for button position. How can I define that position in the template and get in the dropdown list for button position?.

Thanks,
            Surya
            • 3. Re: Button postion and style
              Yann39
              Personnaly, once I have chosen the best button position in the list, I adjust the position by playing with margin / padding.
              • 4. Re: Button postion and style
                fac586
                Thanks for the help. I don't have button position "Above and below region" option in the dropdown list for button position. How can I define that position in the template and get in the dropdown list for button position?.
                There's no built-in "Above and below region" button position. There is "Top and Bottom of Region". Does that not provide the required layout?

There's no way to create new button positions through templates. Region templates support the following button position substitution strings:
                #EDIT#      Edit Button 
                #EXPAND#    Expand Button 
                #CREATE#    Create Button 
                #CREATE2#   Create2 Button 
                #CLOSE#     Close Button 
                #HELP#      Help Button 
                #DELETE#    Delete Button 
                #COPY#      Copy Button 
                #NEXT#      Next Button 
                #PREVIOUS#  Previous Button 
                #CHANGE#    Change Button 
                which can be located as required within the template HTML, and any buttons assigned to these positions will be rendered at that point. (These strings can be repeated within the template.)

The other region button positions:
                Above Region
                Top of Region
                Bottom of Region
                Top and Bottom of Region
                Below Region
                are generated by the APEX engine relative to the region #BODY# substitution string.

If you still can't achieve the required layout using these options you could try splitting the layout into different regions with two copies of the buttons, e.g. starting with a "Button Region with Title" to give a title and buttons "above" the region, then the content in a "Region without Buttons and Title" region, and finally a "Button Region without Title" for the buttons "below" the region.
                • 5. Re: Button postion and style
                  fac586, is it possible to at least rename these substitution strings if you cannot create new button positions?
                  • 6. Re: Button postion and style
                    fac586
                    is it possible to at least rename these substitution strings if you cannot create new button positions?
                    To what purpose? Those are the button position substitution strings defined in APEX that can be used in region templates:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14373_01/appdev.32/e11838/themes.htm#HTMDB25703

When those strings are used in the region template, they are reflected in the Button Position options in the button Display properties, as described in the online help:
                    >
                    Buttons using REGION_TEMPLATE positions will only be displayed if:

1. The region template contains the position. For example #EDIT# is required to show a button in the REGION_TEMPLATE_EDIT position.
                    2. The button is part of a region.
                    >
                    Adding arbitrary strings like #FOO# to the region template doesn't result in a FOO button position option being listed.

That those are the button position substitution strings APEX understands does not mean that only Edit, Expand, Create... etc buttons can be created, or that buttons assigned to those positions must have those labels or perform those functions. A button labelled "Edit" can be assigned to the #HELP# region template position, all buttons can be assigned to the #CREATE# position, whatever.