We have requirement like don't want print checks in oracle, just process the payment, generate the document number(check number) in oracle and send the data file to third party system. It takes care the check printing.
For this I developed e-text xml template, created the payment format of type Disbursement Payment Instruction, attached to bank account and Payment process profile.
When I am processing payment it is submitting 'Format Payment Instructions with Text Output' instead of 'Format Payment Instructions' but that program extracting the previous check information which not related to supplier and as well as payments batch.
I've done what you're attempting with no issues (ETEXT output instead of normal check format).
Are you sure its additional check information not invoice information? I suggest you raise an SR if its check not in the payment batch.
Also make sure you haven't extended the payment instruction extract to get the additional information.
Yes Praveen Please. We also have a third party software for which we are trying to give a text output and I don't know what should we do to get that. Trying to use e-Text to achieve it so needed steps as well as the template so that it helps me setting one up. Thanks for answering quickly Praveen.
I have gone through metalink notes 562806.1 and created custom eText template for Check payment.
The 'Format Payment Instructions with eText Output' program completed successfully with no output.
I could not able to see the eText output.
Is there anything I need to do to get the eText output?
Where exactly I'll get eText output?
1) Created XML Pubblisher template and attached the .rtf (Type - eText-Outbound, Default Output Type - eText)
2) In Payable Manager responsibility Create a Payment Format ->
Setup-> Payment Administrator-> Formats (Add XML Publisher Template created in step1)
3) Setup-> Payments -> check existing Bank & Bank Branches
4) Setup-> Payments -> Bank Accounts -> Create the payment Document Number
5) Attach the Bank account to a valid supplier: Payables – Suppliers -> Entry
6) Now to create the payment Process Profile (PPP)
Navigation : go to Payables -> Setup-> Payment Administrator
7) Now to attach everything (PPP,format,document etc.) to the Template
First step to Create a “Template”
Navigation: Payables,Vision Operations -> Payments -> Entry -> Payments Manager
8) Then go to Tab “Payment Process Requests” Then click on “Submit Single Request”
9) Check View -> Requests
No output generated in 'Format Payment Instruction' program.
which program I can get the eText output?