6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 1:49 PM by 787666

HFM setting - UseStickyServer

Hi all,

Is the HFM setting - UseStickyServer still applicable to version 11.1.1.3?
        • 1. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
          CBarbieri
          It is on by default in all versions after 4.0.2. There is a registry setting to disable it if you really need to.

--Chris                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
            Hi Chris,

Do you know if there is a good source of documentation about all the possible registry settings?

Thanks,

Julien
            • 3. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
              CBarbieri
              Not really. I wrote a presentation on a compiled list which to date is the most complete document I've ever seen. The most commonly used registry entries are listed in various places in the HFM installation documents, readmes, and admin guides. Are there any specific areas you're looking for? Most registry settings are very specific to applications, versions, and usage, which is why Oracle doesn't publish them all. Some are very useful, others have little effect, and a few can cause your system to stop working if you don't really know what you're doing.

--Chris                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
              • 4. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
                I have the HFM 4.1 subcube management guide.
                It had some good details about the performance tunning registry keys. But it is a bit outdated now...
                I am looking for something similar that could help me tune my clients' applications.

Thanks,

Julien
                • 5. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
                  hyp big bee
                  Please inform me what is the purpose of usesticky server
                  • 6. Re: HFM setting - UseStickyServer
                    Hi Chris,

Where can i find you presentation on standard/useful settings? dylan
                    dylan.bornman@intellient.co.za

thanks