3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2010 7:47 AM by 761737 RSS

Lock cells in Planning Data Form

BYG
      Hi all,

I have a data form that users use to enter the planning numbers. Can anyone please tell me on how to lock the cells in a data form after copying the actulas so the users are only able to enter numbers for the next month and so on?

And I am also running into another issue. After entering the numbers when I click save and refresh the data form, all my number are getting wiped off. I checked the business rule associated with and it's a simple calculation and Agg all. Can anyone please help me out here?

Thanks

Edited by: user10375654 on Jun 18, 2010 9:02 AM
        • 1. Re: Lock cells in Planning Data Form
          JohnGoodwin
          If you are after using validations and locking cells you could look into using custom javascript on your forms (if you are interested you only need to search this forum a little and you will where to go next)

With the form you are having issues with you could try temporarily remove the business rule for the form, then try editing and saving the data to make sure it is saving correctly.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Lock cells in Planning Data Form
            _RahulS_
            If you have some specific colums or rows you want to make read only then you can go for asymmetric rows or colums.

If the numbers are wiping off for few members then It can be an issue of Implied sharing.
            If the parent have only one child or have only one child that consolidate to the parent then Implied sharing occures.
            Make the parent Never share.
            • 3. Re: Lock cells in Planning Data Form
              Hi,

(1) I have a data form that users use to enter the planning numbers. Can anyone please tell me on how to lock the cells in a data form after copying the actulas so the users are only able to enter numbers for the next month and so on?

Please set the startmonth in the scenario to the first month that does not contain actuals.

(2) And I am also running into another issue. After entering the numbers when I click save and refresh the data form, all my number are getting wiped off. I checked the business rule associated with and it's a simple calculation and Agg all. Can anyone please help me out here?

You may enter data at non level 0 members an have the database setting "Aggregate missing" set. It's up to what you need:
              - all data entry must be at level 0 (and keep the setting)
              - or add SET AGGMISS OFF for this business rule

Sascha.