This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Since you are running Oracle Communicator and the server on the same machine, do the following:
- Exit Oracle Communicator
- cd C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Oracle Communicator\Accounts
- Edit the XML file corresponding to your test Oracle Communicator account(s)
- Save the XML file(s), one for each test account, and start Oracle Communicator client. You should not experience connect/disconnect issue anymore
To resolve inability to download/upload buddy list, you need to change your Oracle Communicator network settings to reflect the port number of OWLCS. Do the following:
- Open Preferences Dialog box in Oracle Communicator
- Click on the Network tab
- Ensure Use a Proxy Server is checked and the server is set to the IP address or FQDN of your machine (running the server) (not example.com)
- Ensure that your XDMS server is also set to the above IP address or FQDN of your server (not example.com)
- Ensure that your XDMS port is set to 7777 (default is 8001)
That should take care of it. Let me know if you encounter any issues.
Also, make sure that in any URLs you use, you specify the hostname or IP address of your machine. example.com should not appear in any of your HTTP URLs. example.com should appear in SIP addresses only.