This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2011 2:51 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Notification mailer
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Taher,
    Could any one please tell mw what all i need for inbound processing(workflow).
    You already have all the needed documents referenced in this thread.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 31. Re: Notification mailer
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi hussein,
    I have gone through all the docs. But not able to figure out what is servername, username, password, replyaddress while setting up IMAP account.
    I have read the document

Example Of Configuring Workflow Java Notification Mailer With Oracle Applications 11.5.x [ID 249957.1]

In this doc, it says

1). Set up an IMAP email user with mailbox....---> Can i create gmail account for this
    2). Configure IMAP compliant e-mail application to be able to connect to account---> Does it mean i need to configure DoveCot (an as example).
    3). Connect an e-mail client ---> I configured ThunderBird for this
    4). Created DISCARD, PROCESSED folders

8). In step 8 Is the servername pointing to server where my application is installed ??

can i give gmail account as username, server name as imap.gmail.com, and what is this reply to address

Final question: How does one recieve notifications for approval. Coz in the notifications i am getting there is nothing as such to approve or reject the purchase order. It simply shows the purchase order details. I have already checked Only Summary type email notifications are delivered [ID 858702.1]

Thanks
    Taher
  • 32. Re: Notification mailer
    Taher,

Below are an example of the "Inbound EMail Account (IMAP)" configuration:

Inbound Processing -- Select this option
    Server Name: mail.company.com
    Username: wfamiler (replace this with the username of the mail address)
    Password: The password of wfmailer@company.com
    Reply-To Address: address@company.com
    Inbound SSL Enabled -- Select this option if SSL is enabled

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 33. Re: Notification mailer
    762409 Newbie
    user11970143 wrote:

In this doc, it says

1). Set up an IMAP email user with mailbox....---> Can i create gmail account for this
    2). Configure IMAP compliant e-mail application to be able to connect to account---> Does it mean i need to configure DoveCot (an as example).
    3). Connect an e-mail client ---> I configured ThunderBird for this
    4). Created DISCARD, PROCESSED folders

Final question: How does one recieve notifications for approval. Coz in the notifications i am getting there is nothing as such to approve or reject the purchase order. It simply shows the purchase order details. I have already checked Only Summary type email notifications are delivered [ID 858702.1]

Thanks
    Taher
    Taher,

I am not sure if Gmail supports IMAP, if it does and your CCM server is on the network that can access GMAIL this will work. The email client is needed for you to access the the mailbox and do administrative tasks on it when required (like cleaning up the mailbox if it gets beyond its size limits), WF Mailer will directly communicate to the mailbox via IMAP calls. On unix systems, sendmail still has to be configured, as outgoing emails will be sent using the sendmail.

The discard/processed folders are important if you do not want to do daily WF mailer mailbox cleanup (Based on notification volumes). The discard folder will be the folder in your mailbox to which mailer will send mails that need to be discarded. This can be set to your trash/deleted items folder if you do not have any auditing requirements. The processed folder is the mailbox folder to which the mails will be moved after they have been processed successfully. Again this can be the trash or any particular folder you create on your mail server for this purpose. One thing with WF notification mailer is some of its performance is also related to how full or large your Inbox folder of WF Mailer mailbox is. basically the mailer tries to read everything in the inbox on each of its polling cycles. So if your inbox is huge you may even see Java outofmemory exceptions in Java Mailer and your mailer processing may completely stop. Discard/Processed folders play an important [art in keeping the inbox clean and small.

For PO approval notifications, not sure if there is some setup needed on PO module side, but I have seen that the approval mails come with a link at the bottom on which when the user clicks (approve or reject); an email is sent back to the WF Mailer with Approval or rejection (based on what the user clicks) and then WF Mailer initiates/moves the appropriate PO workflow to completion.

Thanks,
    Anindya                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 34. Re: Notification mailer
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi hussein,
    Inbound Processing -- Select this option
    Server Name: mail.company.com
    Username: wfamiler (replace this with the username of the mail address)
    Password: The password of wfmailer@company.com
    Reply-To Address: address@company.com
    Inbound SSL Enabled -- Select this option if SSL is enabled
    Are Username and Reply-To-Address both the same.

Regards
    Taher
  • 35. Re: Notification mailer
    Taher,

The username is just a username (for example, abc), and reply-to-address is the full mail address (abc@xyz.com).

See (Note: 728483.1 - What Are The Parameter Names For Parameters In The Context File For Workflow?) for details.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 36. Re: Notification mailer
    dvvnreddy Newbie
    Hi,

Can someone help me in opening the attachements of workflow mailer.

we are on ATG RUP 7,

problem is

i have mailer preference as 'HTML with attachment' , when mailer sents any notification it contain 'notification_detail.html' as attahcement.
    when i try to open this it shows as blank

how to fix this ? our env is SSL implemented and has releative URL

Regards,
    Narayana
  • 37. Re: Notification mailer
    843800 Newbie
    I am sure not either of those documents provides any detail instruction /steps how to create SSL certificates and import IMAP SSL certificates into keystore . and I understand keytool is separate tool but since we are using for Oracle product i was expecting to have some proper command and options for setting SSL WF. I would like to know setps to create kestore and import IMAP SSL certificate into keystore

Thanks
    SN
  • 38. Re: Notification mailer
    What is your application release and ATG patchset level?

Have you reviewed Doc ID: 409026.1 (referenced above)?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 39. Re: Notification mailer
    843800 Newbie
    Yes, This Release 12.1.3 level and Yes , we followed MAPSSL Workflow Mailer Setup Using Self Signed Certificate [ID 409026.1

This is what doc ID 409026.1 says about configuration, it talks more about testing configuration

"NOTE:  Keytool is a 3rd party utility whose syntax is not supported by Oracle.  Please research on the Internet if unfamiliar with utility."

There is hardly any documentation about  keytool , workflow and SSL enabled IMAP .  There are few document on metalink there are related to seeting up 11g FMW with keyool.

What I am looking for . commands . specific to WFMAILER for SSL enabled IMAP

1. generation of key 
    2. do I need to create cert for server
    3. getting certificate from IMAP ( I was able to do using ) following commmand

openssl s_client -host 10.1.0.209 -port 993

4. reimporting certificated step 3 into file created in step 1.  ( my command failing here)

Also I wanted to know where *jks file extenstion is stored..

Thanks
    SN                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 40. Re: Notification mailer
    Have you checked these links?

keytool - Key and Certificate Management Tool
    http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/keytool.html

keytool - Key and Certificate Management Tool
    http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/keytool.html

Thanks,
    Hussein
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points