This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2010 2:20 PM by 726222 RSS

Update Scorecard (dimensional) measures with data from Hyperion Essbase

726222 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All

I am running EPMS 11.1.1.3 on Linux. I've created a new HPS application and defined a custom Essbase database (using EAS) of various measures that I want to display in HPS.

I've defined my Essbase database as an external data source in HPS and configured the various Essbase dimensions to match the various HPS dimensional requirements (e.g. time periods etc).

I've been able to go to Measure Templates and create a new measure -- I've identified the Essbase measure that needs to map to the template. I am also able to add the Measure to a Scorecard. However, when I try to view the Scorecard my new dimensional measure no data is displayed.

Any ideas on what to check or what I might have omitted?

Thanks
Taha
  • 1. Re: Update Scorecard (dimensional) measures with data from Hyperion Essbase
    indra-2094322 Explorer
    Hi Taha,

Are you saying that you update the measure in essbase and push back to Hyp Performance Scorecard?
    Not sure why you do that, because as far as i know, in HPS, you can actually create an essbase cube and
    have all the measure and data in it for your reporting.
    Any reason why you have to do it the other way around?
    Thanks.

Rgds,

Indra
  • 2. Re: Update Scorecard (dimensional) measures with data from Hyperion Essbase
    726222 Newbie
    Hi Indra

Thanks for your reply. HPS works both ways:

1) you can create one or more measures in HPS and then push those to Essbase or
    2) you can create a dimensional model (i.e. a cube) in Essbase and then link those into HPS as dimensional measures

I am basically doing #2 above and I figured out what my issue was. My time dimension was all messed up in the data source setup in HPS -- so I was loading data into completely different periods than the ones I was viewing. I can now load data into Essbase and pull it through into HPS without issues.

Thanks
    Taha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points