This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2010 12:05 AM by harikumarmpl Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    i even tried setting all the parameters of the function :
    fnd_webfile.get_url(file_type,id,gwyuid,two_task,expire_time,source_file,source_node,dest_file,dest_node,page_no,page_size)

but url is still null.
    please help.
    thnx
  • 16. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    i got the code forretrivePLSQLError()

but I get this error now : The concurrent request 43494260 did not create an output file.

whereas I can see the output file on server. moreover concurrent request completed with warning and not success.
    any clues plz
    thanks
  • 17. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    harikumarmpl Newbie
    Hi,

Can you check the following:

1) Navigate to System Administration responsibility --> Requests --> Monitor
    2) Search your concurrent request
    3) Check the output from the Link provided in the table

And also check if you are able to view the output from forms as well

If you are able to view the output from the requests monitoring page, you can be able to view the output based on the code i have provided.

Regards,
    Hari
  • 18. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    Hari,
    I tried from both the places , i can view the output from forms as well from System Administration responsibility --> Requests --> Monitor

I decoded the controller - ViewRequestsPageCO and ViewRequestAMImpl.class and I found the same code as given by you. It logically should work. but it doesnt.

if i fwd the user on this page /oracle/apps/fnd/cp/viewreq/webui/CPViewRequestPG , he can refresh the status and click on the output icon after completion and retrieve the output pdf. So if I fwd the user to directly to the path of output pdf, then I have doubt on ---

String s3 = "BEGIN :1 := fnd_webfile.get_url(fnd_webfile.request_out, :2, :3, :4, 1); end;"; we have mentioned wait_time =1 , and it may not be true that request completes in 1 minute...due to system load it may take more than one minute. so if the request hasnt completed with an output, how can we give the path of the output ?

please advice.
  • 19. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    One more thing...from your reply where you posted sample code you also mentioned that ---

if you want output to open in a new popup window:

1) Create Item of type link
    2) Set the Destination URI as the current page with the parameters to identify
    3) Set the Target Frame as _new
    4) call the above mentioned controller code

I havent done this...infact it doesnt matter if I open it in teh same window or a new one....i should be able to open the pdf...

would adding this logic make a difference .. ?

I retried everything...and it says output not geenrated for this conc req ....
    i dont know what to do..
  • 20. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    harikumarmpl Newbie
    Hi,
    Can you check that you are trying to redirect to the output url after the request is submitted,
    there may be the case that the request may not be completed when you are trying to open the output.

and as per your reply you are able to view the output in Request Monitor Page as well this might be due to the above problem.

And expire_time - The number of minutes for which this URL will remain valid. it doesnot mean the request completion time :)

About opening the link in a new window it doesnot make any difference. You can do this if you want otherwise ignore it :)
    Regards,
    Hari
  • 21. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    *>Can you check that you are trying to redirect to the output url after the request is submitted,*
    Yes
    Serializable params[] = {Integer.toString(reqId)};
    pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean).invokeMethod("getOutputURL", params);
    String outputURL = (String)pageContext.getTransactionValue("OutputURL");
    try
    {
    pageContext.sendRedirect(outputURL);
    return;
    }
    catch(Exception exception)
    {
    throw new OAException(exception.getMessage());
    }

*> there may be the case that the request may not be completed when you are trying to open the output.*
    thats what i am guessing. but how would anyone know unless the view status page is refreshed and seen that request got completed ??

I really wanted to open the ouputpdf, and skip the refreshing part. i dont mind waiting for the pdf to open untill request is complete, but i really want to get rid of the monitoring step.

Any clues ?
  • 22. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    harikumarmpl Newbie
    Hi,

To verify the status of any request query the table FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS by supplying the request id and the PHASE_CODE = 'C' and STATUS_CODE = 'I' will give you normal completion of the request.

To wait until the request is completed, there is a workaround.
    1) After the request is submitted redirect it to the Information dialog page with the information of request submission.
    2) Add a button which will requery the database to get the status, once the status is complete then display a link in the same page to open the output by supplying the request id or redirect to output page.
    3) After the request is submitted, disable the submit button until the request's status is completed.

You can find similar example, in Oracle Proposal Generation Process

View Object : oracle.apps.prp.proposal.server.ProposalContentVersionsVO.xml
    CO: oracle.apps.prp.proposal.webui.ProposalDetailsCO
    This one will give you an idea, but not complete solution, you can experiment some thing like this.

And also try to develop one sample page/controller and upon click of any button, supply any request id which is having pdf output generated (hardcoded value), and redirect it. if it opens the output then you can do any workarounds.

Let me know if you require any further details/ email me : khk.1985@gmail.com

Regards,
    Hari
  • 23. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    ReeteshSharma Expert
    Hi,

There is one PL/SQL procedure that waits for Concurrent request to complete. Please refer http://www.oraclearea51.com/blog/submitting-and-waiting-for-concurrent-request-to-compelete.html?blogger=contactriteshsharma and check if this helps. :)

Regards,
    Reetesh Sharma
  • 24. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    636775 Newbie
    hari
    I tried the later suggested approach...that is passed hardcoded request id , and I made sure that there is pdf output generated for that reqid

I get this error -
    FND_WEBFILE.GET_URL cannot find your concurrent request 42386910 FND_WEBFILE.GET_URL found no rows while selecting your concurrent request 42386910. Please contact your support representative.

I am running the code on server and not local machine...sooo... it should find it...

any clues ?

will try the other approach mentioned by reetesh.
    thanks for all yor help.

Edited by: OAF-dev on Jun 25, 2010 1:49 PM
  • 25. Re: concurrentRequest from OAF page, runs but doesnt pick the layout template.
    harikumarmpl Newbie
    Hi,

I am able to open the PDF/Excel File with the code i have provided earlier.

The Specified Error
    (FND_WEBFILE.GET_URL cannot find your concurrent request 42386910 FND_WEBFILE.GET_URL found no rows while selecting your concurrent request 42386910. Please contact your support representative.
    )
    Occurs only when the concurrent request (Ex:42386910) is not found.

you can validate it by using the following SQL Query:
    select fcr.outfile_name, fcr.outfile_node_name, fmt.mime_type,
                  fcr.save_output_flag, fcr.ofile_size, fmt.file_format_code,
                  fcp.concurrent_program_name, a.application_short_name
             from fnd_concurrent_requests fcr, fnd_mime_types_vl fmt,
                  fnd_concurrent_programs fcp, fnd_application a
            where fcr.request_id = 42386910  
              and upper(fcr.output_file_type) = upper(fmt.file_format_code)
              and fcp.concurrent_program_id = fcr.concurrent_program_id
              and fcp.application_id = fcr.program_application_id
              and fcp.application_id = a.application_id
              and rownum = 1;
    Let me know if you are still having the issue.
    Thanks
    Hari
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points