2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2010 11:15 AM by Dean Gagne-Oracle RSS

continue impdp after system rebooted

Hi,

i'm trying to import a database on a local system. i need to do it on a normal system because i have no servers available and i only have to do some "tests".

it started the import with this command:

impdp SYSTEM/****** directory=impdp dumpfile=ccrexpdp.dmp logfile=implog.log full=y

Windows was so friendly to do a reboot because of updates. thanks microsoft.

is there a poosibility to continue the import? it is not possible to restart it with the same command :(

i also tried to find something via the search but i wasnt successful.

can you help me?

cu and thx itchy2
        • 1. Re: continue impdp after system rebooted
          Kamran Agayev A.
          itchy2 wrote:
          Hi,

i'm trying to import a database on a local system. i need to do it on a normal system because i have no servers available and i only have to do some "tests".

it started the import with this command:

impdp SYSTEM/****** directory=impdp dumpfile=ccrexpdp.dmp logfile=implog.log full=y

Windows was so friendly to do a reboot because of updates. thanks microsoft.

is there a poosibility to continue the import? it is not possible to restart it with the same command :(

i also tried to find something via the search but i wasnt successful.

can you help me?

cu and thx itchy2
          May be you need to try START_JOB command by pressing Ctrl+C on IMPDP

The START_JOB command restarts the job to which you are currently attached (the job cannot be currently executing). The job is restarted with no data loss or corruption after an unexpected failure* or after you issue a STOP_JOB command, provided the dump file set and master table remain undisturbed.*

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_import.htm#i1007535
          • 2. Re: continue impdp after system rebooted
            Dean Gagne-Oracle
            You can restart the job. You want to use this:

impdp SYSTEM/****** attach=sys_import_full_01

I'm guessing on the sys_import_full_01 since you didn't specify a job name. Look at the log file to see if it is different.

Then you will get this prompt:

IMPDP>

At that prompt, just type continue

Dean