1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 2:30 AM by 1001589 RSS

Packaging wizard compilation exception

I tried to package the files in tutorial for ADF/BC4J for 10g and got the following exception. Earlier it was not able to locate the tag libraries used in the project and I moved them to WEB-INF. Can any one let me know on this?

D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages
      Created Directory _pages : false
      These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\ -d D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages -packageName test -srcdir D:\software\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\classes;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
      Translating file: D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
      Translating file: D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
      Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
           at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspUtils.loadClassJDK(JspUtils.java:219)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspUtils.loadClass(JspUtils.java:209)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspRTTag.<init>(JspRTTag.java:102)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseTag.parseNextTag(JspParseTag.java:538)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseTagFile.parse(JspParseTagFile.java:160)
           at oracle.jsp.parse.OracleJsp2Java.transform(OracleJsp2Java.java:40)
           at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:741)
           at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:770)
           at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:624)
           at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.translate(Jspc.java:176)
           at oracle.lite.web.xml.JupDevApp.doJSPCompiling(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.lite.web.xml.JupDevApp.compileJsps(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg.doJspCompile(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg.access$400(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg$4$1.run(Unknown Source)
        • 1. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
          Try the following. Create a batch file with the following: Set your class path with your jar files

@echo off
          setlocal
          set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle
          set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdev1013\jdk
          if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto :jhomeerror

:ok
          if exist %java_home%\lib\tools.jar goto :compile
          echo Cannot find %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
          echo Please set the environment variable JAVA_HOME
          goto :end

:compile

call %ORACLE_HOME%\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\bin\setenv.bat
          set classpath=%classpath%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

echo Compiling JSP files

echo Compiling wmtoolkit - common
          c:\jdev1013\jdk\bin\java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -encoding UTF-8 -appRoot c:\myapp\ -d c:\myapp\_pages -packageName myapp.web_2d_inf -srcdir c:\myapp\_pages\ c:\myapp\WEB-INF\*.jsp

pause
          rem if errorlevel 1 goto :error
          echo JSP's were compiled successfully
          goto :done

:jhomeerror
          echo For example: set JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.1\

:error
          echo JSP's were not compiled successfully

:done
          :end
          endlocal
          @echo on
          • 2. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
            Thanks rekounas!! But still the problem exists. Even after the bat file is set and run , the actual exception thrown while compiling is as follows. Is anything else missing?

CLASSPATH=D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\sdk\bin\webtogo.jar;D:\software\Olite10g
            _1\Mobile\classes\xmlparserv2.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\classgen
            .jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\servlet.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mo
            bile\classes\wtgpack.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\olite40.jar;D:\so
            ftware\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\ojsp.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\
            javax-ssl-1_2.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jssl-1_1.jar;D:\software
            \Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jewt4.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jewt4
            -nls.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\share.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\
            jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\root
            Compiling JSP files
            Compiling wmtoolkit - common
            Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:261)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
            at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410
            )
            at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.main(Jspc.java:145)
            Press any key to continue . . .
            JSP's were compiled successfully
            • 3. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
              Are you doing the tutorial for Webtogo or OC4J? If you are doing this for OC4J, then you don't have to pre-compile.
              • 4. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                Hi,Thanks.

Yes, I'm trying out the tutorial for Webtogo for OC4j.

In the packaging wizard when the compile JSP button is clicked, it is not able to able to compile the JSPs. The JSP is developed with ADF. It is not able to pick up any of the the tag lib used for(say) jsf/html (<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>) though the jars are included in the WEB-INF/lib folder.

The packaging wizard looks for it under the <Mobile_ServerHome>\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\<my folder>, rather than the lib folder.

Hence I moved the tld files to WEB-INF/lib rather than the jars.

I have been trying the same with the MDK in the 1. different from the system where the client is developed 2. same system where the development is done.

But still the same problem exists.
                • 5. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                  Hi,

The actual exception thrown is

The JSP file compilation failed, please correct the problems before proceeding.
                  D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages
                  These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages -packageName bc4jtutorial -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfbinding.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfcm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfmtl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfmweb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfshare.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfui.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\afc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\antlr.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jct.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jctejb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jdomgnrc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jdomorcl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jimdomains.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jmt.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jmtejb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\cache.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-cli-1.0.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-el.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\concurrent.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\dms.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\industrial-adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jdev-cm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsp-el-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\mdsrt.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdbc14.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdbc14dms.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojmisc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\oracle-el.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ordhttp.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ordim.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\runtime12.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\toplink.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\translator.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xml.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xmlef.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xmlparserv2.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xsqlserializers.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xsu12.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
                  Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
                  Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
                  Parse error in CustomerOrders.jsp:
                  oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseException: Line # 4, <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
                  Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\http:\java.sun.com\jsf\html (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Though the libraries are present the error is thrown and the packaging wizard is not able to locate the tab lib files.
                  • 6. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                    Hi

Seems that the problem is inside CustomerOrders.jsp where you link taglib.

Instead of setting the URI like this <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>

user in CustomerOrders.jsp something like <%@ taglib uri="..\WEB-INF\lib\<taglibfilejarname.jar>" prefix="h"%>
                    with relative location for the taglib library file.

Regards

Florin
                    • 7. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                      Agreed.

Here is the code I use for struts html tld.

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"%>
                      • 8. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                        I have changed the code to refer like this in CustomerOrders.jsp

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld" prefix="f"%>
                        <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/af.tld" prefix="af"%>
                        <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/afh.tld" prefix="afh"%>

I have kept the tld files in WEB-INF and jsf-impl.jar and adf-faces-impl.jar under WEB-INF/lib along with other jar files.

When the jsp is compiled using packaging wizard, the error is thrown as follows, which is similar to my first post.

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages
                        Created Directory _pages : true
                        These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages -packageName bc4jtut -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
                        Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
                        Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
                        Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NullPointerException

Any clues on this? It seems the class loader is not able to locate a class file and load it? I tried to change the version of jars(jsf-impl) to version 1.0.. but still not successful.
                        • 9. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                          Hi

It's acting as you have multiple java instalations.
                          If this is the case, try to keep only one, and check again the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Regards

Florin
                          • 10. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                            Thanks. This is my path setting.

PATH=D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03;D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03\jre\bin;D:\Olite1
                            0g_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;D:\Olite10g_1\jre\1.4.2\bin;D:\mobileclient\oldb40\TUT
                            ORIAL;D:\software\oracle10g\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System
                            32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;D:\Olite10g_1\MOBILE\sdk\bin;C:\Progra
                            m Files\CVSNT\;

I haven't set explicit JAVA_HOME variable, but instead I'm pointing them in PATH itself. But still the same exception as below.

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages
                            These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages -packageName adfapplication -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
                            Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
                            Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
                            Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
                            • 11. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                              I want to know if I have to change ojsp.jar? If so where it can be downloaded from?

I've changed my web.xml entries as follows,

<jsp-config>
                              <taglib>
                              <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/html_basic.tld</taglib-uri>
                              <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/html_basic.tld</taglib-location>
                              </taglib>
                              <taglib>
                              <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld</taglib-uri>
                              <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/jsf_core.tld</taglib-location>
                              </taglib>
                              <taglib>
                              <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/afh.tld</taglib-uri>
                              <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/afh.tld</taglib-location>
                              </taglib>
                              <taglib>
                              <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/af.tld</taglib-uri>
                              <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/af.tld</taglib-location>
                              </taglib>
                              </jsp-config>

and referring them in jsp as

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/html_basic.tld" prefix="h"%>
                              <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld" prefix="f"%>
                              <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/af.tld" prefix="af"%>
                              <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/afh.tld" prefix="afh"%>

but stilll getting the same exception

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages
                              These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -packageName order -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
                              Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
                              Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
                              Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
                              • 12. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                                Hi

try to use JSPC with debug option enabled. It should list the class name that cannot be loaded.

java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug ..... and add the other options/parameters

Regards

Florin
                                • 13. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                                  I used the following in a .bat file to compile the jspc and it has given the same error(given at the last)

@echo off
                                  setlocal
                                  set ORACLE_HOME=D:\Olite10g_1
                                  set JAVA_HOME=D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03
                                  if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto :jhomeerror

:ok
                                  if exist %java_home%\lib\tools.jar goto :compile
                                  echo Cannot find %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

:compile

call %ORACLE_HOME%\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\bin\setenv.bat
                                  set classpath=%classpath%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

echo Compiling JSP files

echo Compiling wmtoolkit - common
                                  java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug -encoding UTF-8 -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -packageName order -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages\ D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp

pause
                                  rem if errorlevel 1 goto :error
                                  echo JSP's were compiled successfully
                                  goto :done

:jhomeerror
                                  echo For example: set JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.1\

:error
                                  echo JSP's were not compiled successfully

:done
                                  :end
                                  endlocal
                                  @echo on

THE ERROR THROWN IS

Compiling wmtoolkit - common
                                  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
                                  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:261)
                                  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
                                  at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410
                                  )
                                  at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.main(Jspc.java:145)
                                  Press any key to continue . . .
                                  JSP's were compiled successfully

I need to resolve this at the earliest since an assignment is based on this. Any clues/help is appreciated.
                                  • 14. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
                                    Hi

Is there any debug output? (unfortunatelly I didn't figure it our where it should be added)
                                    I did a test with some classes here with your bat with success.

Try to add -verbose parameter to jspc. I will list print each tranlation steps, and maybe it would help you see where is the stop.

like this:

java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug -verbose -encoding UTF-8 ...

Regards
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next