This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 12:30 AM by 1001589 RSS

Packaging wizard compilation exception

781985 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I tried to package the files in tutorial for ADF/BC4J for 10g and got the following exception. Earlier it was not able to locate the tag libraries used in the project and I moved them to WEB-INF. Can any one let me know on this?

D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages
Created Directory _pages : false
These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\ -d D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages -packageName test -srcdir D:\software\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\classes;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
Translating file: D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
Translating file: D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\order\CustomerOrders.jsp
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspUtils.loadClassJDK(JspUtils.java:219)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspUtils.loadClass(JspUtils.java:209)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspRTTag.<init>(JspRTTag.java:102)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseTag.parseNextTag(JspParseTag.java:538)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseTagFile.parse(JspParseTagFile.java:160)
     at oracle.jsp.parse.OracleJsp2Java.transform(OracleJsp2Java.java:40)
     at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:741)
     at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:770)
     at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.jspTranslate(Jspc.java:624)
     at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.translate(Jspc.java:176)
     at oracle.lite.web.xml.JupDevApp.doJSPCompiling(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.lite.web.xml.JupDevApp.compileJsps(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg.doJspCompile(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg.access$400(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.lite.web.pack.JupFilePanel$JSPDlg$4$1.run(Unknown Source)
  • 1. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    343896 Oracle ACE
    Try the following. Create a batch file with the following: Set your class path with your jar files

@echo off
    setlocal
    set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle
    set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdev1013\jdk
    if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto :jhomeerror

:ok
    if exist %java_home%\lib\tools.jar goto :compile
    echo Cannot find %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
    echo Please set the environment variable JAVA_HOME
    goto :end

:compile

call %ORACLE_HOME%\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\bin\setenv.bat
    set classpath=%classpath%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

echo Compiling JSP files

echo Compiling wmtoolkit - common
    c:\jdev1013\jdk\bin\java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -encoding UTF-8 -appRoot c:\myapp\ -d c:\myapp\_pages -packageName myapp.web_2d_inf -srcdir c:\myapp\_pages\ c:\myapp\WEB-INF\*.jsp

pause
    rem if errorlevel 1 goto :error
    echo JSP's were compiled successfully
    goto :done

:jhomeerror
    echo For example: set JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.1\

:error
    echo JSP's were not compiled successfully

:done
    :end
    endlocal
    @echo on
  • 2. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    Thanks rekounas!! But still the problem exists. Even after the bat file is set and run , the actual exception thrown while compiling is as follows. Is anything else missing?

CLASSPATH=D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\sdk\bin\webtogo.jar;D:\software\Olite10g
    _1\Mobile\classes\xmlparserv2.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\classgen
    .jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\servlet.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mo
    bile\classes\wtgpack.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\olite40.jar;D:\so
    ftware\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\ojsp.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\
    javax-ssl-1_2.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jssl-1_1.jar;D:\software
    \Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jewt4.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\jewt4
    -nls.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\share.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\
    jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar;D:\software\Olite10g_1\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\root
    Compiling JSP files
    Compiling wmtoolkit - common
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:261)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410
    )
    at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.main(Jspc.java:145)
    Press any key to continue . . .
    JSP's were compiled successfully
  • 3. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    343896 Oracle ACE
    Are you doing the tutorial for Webtogo or OC4J? If you are doing this for OC4J, then you don't have to pre-compile.
  • 4. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    Hi,Thanks.

Yes, I'm trying out the tutorial for Webtogo for OC4j.

In the packaging wizard when the compile JSP button is clicked, it is not able to able to compile the JSPs. The JSP is developed with ADF. It is not able to pick up any of the the tag lib used for(say) jsf/html (<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>) though the jars are included in the WEB-INF/lib folder.

The packaging wizard looks for it under the <Mobile_ServerHome>\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\<my folder>, rather than the lib folder.

Hence I moved the tld files to WEB-INF/lib rather than the jars.

I have been trying the same with the MDK in the 1. different from the system where the client is developed 2. same system where the development is done.

But still the same problem exists.
  • 5. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    Hi,

The actual exception thrown is

The JSP file compilation failed, please correct the problems before proceeding.
    D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages
    These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages -packageName bc4jtutorial -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfbinding.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfcm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfmtl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfmweb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfshare.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\adfui.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\afc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\antlr.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jct.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jctejb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jdomgnrc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jdomorcl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jimdomains.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jmt.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\bc4jmtejb.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\cache.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-cli-1.0.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-el.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\concurrent.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\dms.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\industrial-adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jdev-cm.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jsp-el-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\mdsrt.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdbc14.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdbc14dms.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojdl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ojmisc.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\oracle-el.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ordhttp.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\ordim.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\runtime12.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\toplink.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\translator.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xml.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xmlef.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xmlparserv2.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xsqlserializers.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\WEB-INF\lib\xsu12.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Parse error in CustomerOrders.jsp:
    oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseException: Line # 4, <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
    Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jun15_10_I\http:\java.sun.com\jsf\html (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Though the libraries are present the error is thrown and the packaging wizard is not able to locate the tab lib files.
  • 6. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    778702 Explorer
    Hi

Seems that the problem is inside CustomerOrders.jsp where you link taglib.

Instead of setting the URI like this <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>

user in CustomerOrders.jsp something like <%@ taglib uri="..\WEB-INF\lib\<taglibfilejarname.jar>" prefix="h"%>
    with relative location for the taglib library file.

Regards

Florin
  • 7. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    343896 Oracle ACE
    Agreed.

Here is the code I use for struts html tld.

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"%>
  • 8. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    I have changed the code to refer like this in CustomerOrders.jsp

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld" prefix="f"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/af.tld" prefix="af"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/afh.tld" prefix="afh"%>

I have kept the tld files in WEB-INF and jsf-impl.jar and adf-faces-impl.jar under WEB-INF/lib along with other jar files.

When the jsp is compiled using packaging wizard, the error is thrown as follows, which is similar to my first post.

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages
    Created Directory _pages : true
    These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages -packageName bc4jtut -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\adf0706pm\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NullPointerException

Any clues on this? It seems the class loader is not able to locate a class file and load it? I tried to change the version of jars(jsf-impl) to version 1.0.. but still not successful.
  • 9. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    778702 Explorer
    Hi

It's acting as you have multiple java instalations.
    If this is the case, try to keep only one, and check again the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Regards

Florin
  • 10. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    Thanks. This is my path setting.

PATH=D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03;D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03\jre\bin;D:\Olite1
    0g_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;D:\Olite10g_1\jre\1.4.2\bin;D:\mobileclient\oldb40\TUT
    ORIAL;D:\software\oracle10g\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System
    32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;D:\Olite10g_1\MOBILE\sdk\bin;C:\Progra
    m Files\CVSNT\;

I haven't set explicit JAVA_HOME variable, but instead I'm pointing them in PATH itself. But still the same exception as below.

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages
    These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages -packageName adfapplication -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\jul72010\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
  • 11. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    I want to know if I have to change ojsp.jar? If so where it can be downloaded from?

I've changed my web.xml entries as follows,

<jsp-config>
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/html_basic.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/html_basic.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/jsf_core.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/afh.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/afh.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/af.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/af.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>
    </jsp-config>

and referring them in jsp as

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/html_basic.tld" prefix="h"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/jsf_core.tld" prefix="f"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/af.tld" prefix="af"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/afh.tld" prefix="afh"%>

but stilll getting the same exception

D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages
    These are the jspc arguments: -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -packageName order -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -verbose -addclasspath D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\classes;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-controller.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\adf-faces-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-impl.jar;D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\WEB-INF\lib\jstl.jar D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Translating file: D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp
    Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
  • 12. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    778702 Explorer
    Hi

try to use JSPC with debug option enabled. It should list the class name that cannot be loaded.

java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug ..... and add the other options/parameters

Regards

Florin
  • 13. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    781985 Newbie
    I used the following in a .bat file to compile the jspc and it has given the same error(given at the last)

@echo off
    setlocal
    set ORACLE_HOME=D:\Olite10g_1
    set JAVA_HOME=D:\software\Java\jdk1.5.0_03
    if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto :jhomeerror

:ok
    if exist %java_home%\lib\tools.jar goto :compile
    echo Cannot find %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

:compile

call %ORACLE_HOME%\Mobile\sdk\wtgsdk\bin\setenv.bat
    set classpath=%classpath%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

echo Compiling JSP files

echo Compiling wmtoolkit - common
    java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug -encoding UTF-8 -appRoot D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\ -d D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages -packageName order -srcdir D:\Olite10g1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\_pages\ D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\Sdk\wtgsdk\root\july_7_2010_B\CustomerOrders.jsp

pause
    rem if errorlevel 1 goto :error
    echo JSP's were compiled successfully
    goto :done

:jhomeerror
    echo For example: set JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.1\

:error
    echo JSP's were not compiled successfully

:done
    :end
    endlocal
    @echo on

THE ERROR THROWN IS

Compiling wmtoolkit - common
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:261)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseState.createTagParser(JspParseState.java:410
    )
    at oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc.main(Jspc.java:145)
    Press any key to continue . . .
    JSP's were compiled successfully

I need to resolve this at the earliest since an assignment is based on this. Any clues/help is appreciated.
  • 14. Re: Packaging wizard compilation exception
    778702 Explorer
    Hi

Is there any debug output? (unfortunatelly I didn't figure it our where it should be added)
    I did a test with some classes here with your bat with success.

Try to add -verbose parameter to jspc. I will list print each tranlation steps, and maybe it would help you see where is the stop.

like this:

java -classpath %CLASSPATH% oracle.jsp.tools.Jspc -debug -verbose -encoding UTF-8 ...

Regards
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points