This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2010 1:15 PM by 764358 RSS

Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility

764358 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am actually trying to export the provisioning info from Production Server using CSSImportExport Utility while i am doing this i am getting an error and my export of provisioning info is failing. If i do the same in Development it is working perfectly allright without causing any issues. I am actually trying to see if anyone has faced with this kind of issue before and if yes could you please let me know how can i resolve this issue.

The application name it is showing in the Trace file is our planning application. This error is happening if i am trying to export provisionning info for any application(Essbase or Planning) and also it displays everytime the same error showing the same Planning application.

Please help me out in trying to resolve this issue so that i can have an backup of all provisonning info (hot back up).

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue and helping me out.

Trace...
     2010-07-19 13:17:18,556 Attempting an export operation
     2010-07-19 13:17:21,056 Attempting a CSV export operation
     2010-07-19 13:17:21,072 Export : Exporting provisioning info...
     2010-07-19 13:17:21,072 Export : Attempting to load provisioning info for application "App_name" in project Hyperion System 9 Planning
     2010-07-19 13:17:21,087 Export : Attempting to retreive app id from HSS for "App_name"
     2010-07-19 13:17:23,462 Export : Failed to retreive app id from for the application : "App_name"
     2010-07-19 13:17:23,462 Export : Root cause : /files/Projects/[Production server][App_name][DB_name].Essbase could not be found
     2010-07-19 13:17:23,462 Export : Silently ignoring the last error

Summary :
     Export failed for 1 application(s) using filter {ProjectName = Hyperion System 9 Planning, Application Name= APP_Name}
     The css.xml file used is file:/D:/Hyperion/deployments/WebSphere6/SharedServices9/config/CSS.xml
     The data file used is D:\Hyperion\common\utilities\CSSImportExportUtility\cssimportexport\importexport\Security_export.csv
     The error log file used is D:\Hyperion\common\utilities\CSSImportExportUtility\cssimportexport\importexport\Log\errors.log
     The trace log file used is D:\Hyperion\common\utilities\CSSImportExportUtility\cssimportexport\importexport\Log\trace.log

Edited by: user9360702 on Jul 19, 2010 10:35 AM
  • 1. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    EW Journeyer
    It is probably caused by your importexport.properties file being incorrect in some fashion.

Did you update this file when you moved to production? Double check that all fields are correct. I have seen where you forget to move it over period and it will therefore get the default file and almost guarantee to fail. Another scenario is you put the importexport.properties file in the wrong place.
  • 2. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    764358 Newbie
    Thanks EW for responding. Please see the property file below and i am trying to export the provisioning info only for one planning application and my export of provisiionning is failing. And my importexport file is at the right location which is in exact place like in Dev environment. Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks

importexport.css=file:/D:/Hyperion/deployments/WebSphere6/SharedServices9/config/CSS.xml
    importexport.cmshost=BDOWSPHYPWB1
    importexport.cmsport=58080
    importexport.username=admin
    importexport.password={CSS}MRcYv323uzxGr8rFdvQLcA==
    importexport.enable.console.traces=true
    importexport.trace.events.file=D:/Hyperion/common/utilities/CSSImportExportUtility/cssimportexport/importexport/Log/trace.log
    importexport.errors.log.file=D:/Hyperion/common/utilities/CSSImportExportUtility/cssimportexport/importexport/Log/errors.log
    importexport.locale=en

# EXPORT OPERATIONS orig
    # export.fileformat=csv
    # export.file=D:/Hyperion/common/utilities/CSSImportExportUtility/cssimportexport/importexport/Security_export.csv
    # export.provisioning.all=true
    # export.user.filter=*
    # export.group.filter=*
    # export.role.filter=*
    # export.producttype=*
    # export.projectnames=*
    # export.applicationnames=*

# EXPORT OPERATIONS
    export.fileformat=csv
    export.file=D:/Hyperion/common/utilities/CSSImportExportUtility/cssimportexport/importexport/Security_export.csv
    export.provisioning.all=false
    # export.user.filter=*
    # export.group.filter=*
    #export.role.filter=*
    # export.producttype=*
    # export.projectnames=*
    # export.applicationnames=*
    # export.provisioning.apps=(Hyperion System 9 BI+=Hyperion System 9 BI+:bdowsphypfrs.bdo.com:6800::1)
    # export.provisioning.apps=(Analytic Servers:BDOWSDHYPES:1=ASOsamp)
    #export.provisioning.apps=(Analytic Servers:BDOWSDHYPES:1=Analytic Servers:BDOWSDHYPES:1)
    # export.provisioning.apps=(APS 9.3.1 Servers=APS_9.3.1_BDOWSDHYPWB1_33162)
    export.provisioning.apps=(Hyperion System 9 Planning=BDO_DMND)
  • 3. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    I would of thought this line may point to the issue

2010-07-19 13:17:23,462 Export : Root cause : /files/Projects/[Production server][App_name][DB_name].Essbase could not be found

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 4. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    764358 Newbie
    Hello John,

Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking the same but i dont know how and where exactly i can fix this issue. Used Ldap Browser to Browse through Shared Services and found all the applications have different CSS iD associated to them. Can you all please help me out in order to fix thiis issue.

Thanks
  • 5. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    EW Journeyer
    never want to argue with John.

9 times out of 10 those errors are related to something being incorrect with the .properties file. but John Highlight a good point. We are exporting information from Shared Services not Essbase, so Essbase isn't mentioned in the properties file.

So could be that John is holding back on his idea, but my next thought would be to check to see if Essbase is properly configured to Shared Services. Easy check is to go into SS and if you can provision someone to Essbase.

Again, could be John has the solution and just waiting to see if someone else tells you something before weighing in.
  • 6. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    EW Journeyer
    Further thought.

I believe you should have received an export file anyways. Please confirm. It says it only failed for one provisioning.

Did you recently delete an application or did you get a corrupted application? The next lines say that it wasn't able to export for a 'specific' application. So you should have a file with everything (native users, groups, LDAP user, and some provisioning). The file should give you a clue with application failed.

Again just thoughts to help you figure this out.
  • 7. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    764358 Newbie
    That is right i agree with you, John answered all my previous weird issues like this before and i am hoping he will help me out another weird one again :). EW, as you said i tried each and everything but didnt find any luck. As you said Provisioning a test account using Shared Services to Essbase was working Good without causing any issue but exporting provisioning info is failing.

Again Thank you all for responding to my issue and helping me out in order to resolve this.
  • 8. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Unfortunately I don't have a solution, it is not an error I have come across, I am sure somebody else might have encountered it.
    Can you export provisioning information for a different planning application or does this error happen when you export anything.

Cheers

John
  • 9. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    764358 Newbie
    Yes you are right except Provisioning info i am able to export all other things like user info ,Group info etc. except Provisioning info ... It is failing when it comes to export provisioning step either it is for planning or essbase application only. If i try to export provisioning info only for BI+ it is exporting info without any problems but this is happening when i attempt to export planning and essbase projects only. Please let me know if you need any further details from me.

Thanks
  • 10. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    While waiting for a solution on here you should log your issue with Oracle, it may be a known issue or a simple fix.

Cheers

John
  • 11. Re: Cannot Export Provisioning info using CSSImportExport Utility
    764358 Newbie
    Thanks John and EW in trying to help me in order to fix this issue. John, i opened a ticket with Oracle
    and waiting for their response from last 5 days and havent heard from them anything regarding this thought to try and see in the forum if anybody faced this problem before.

Again thanks to both of you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points