5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 9:20 PM by Justin_Mungal RSS

OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..

I have downloaded Oracle 11g on to my HP Pavilion notebook (running Windows 7 64bit).
      I ran the setup.exe
      I am trying to run Universal Installer with the CUSTOM option and I get the following error:
      OUI-10150: Eroror: A runtime execution error occured while setting s_digcfgnaminglabel isidnull in compnent oracle database 11g 11.2.0.1.0. Installation cannot continue for this component.
      Options:
      . Stop install of all products
      . Stop install of this component only
      Selecting either does not work.
      Please advise a resolution.
      my e-mail address is whaselberger@msn.com
        • 1. Re: OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..
          sb92075
          Please advise a resolution.
          . Stop install of all products
          . Stop install of this component only

Do not "select" actually DO stop all Oracle products running on system
          • 2. Re: OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..
            I DID stop all Oracle products from running on my system.
            What I need is how to RESOLVE this issue as I need to get the Oracle 11g database up and runing on my system.
            Is there any way to get around this or how can I work through it?
            Please advise!
            • 3. Re: OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..
              sb92075
              I DID stop all Oracle products from running on my system.
              Oracle disagrees & I believe Oracle

ALWAYS
              Post Operating System (OS) name & version for DB server system.
              • 4. Re: OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..
                I too am having the same problem when trying to install 11g. I choose the Runtime Option for installation

I keep getting the error

OUI-10150: Eroror: A runtime execution error occured while setting s_digcfgnaminglabel isidnull in compnent oracle database 11g 11.2.0.1.0. Installation cannot continue for this component.

whenever I try to install Oracle. Both the 64 and 32 bit clients (different paths) install just fine

System is CentOS release 6.3 Final.

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?
                • 5. Re: OUI -10150 Error: A Runtime Execution error occured..
                  Justin_Mungal
                  930490 wrote:
                  I too am having the same problem when trying to install 11g. I choose the Runtime Option for installation

I keep getting the error

whenever I try to install Oracle. Both the 64 and 32 bit clients (different paths) install just fine

System is CentOS release 6.3 Final.

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?
                  My first suggestion is to use a supported OS. I know it's RHEL under the hood, but I've tested Oracle on CentOS before, and there were minor OS differences that I had to tweak in order to get my Oracle installation working.

Additionally, Patchsets are now full software installations (as of 11gR2). That means you can download and install 11.2.0.3 without installing 11.2.0.1 ahead of time. I mention this on the off chance that what you're seeing is a bug. I think that is unlikely though; I think it's more likely that a prerequisite has not been met, or that there is an issue with the CentOS configuration.

Edited by: Justin Mungal on Mar 26, 2013 9:16 PM