This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2010 2:36 AM by 788367 RSS

What is the role of Schema in File Adapter

788367 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am configuring File Adapter during the configuration step - 6 two options are there Schema is Opaque & Schema file url, what is the difference between these two and why it is needed? If It is required then what are the elements should be present at schema?
  • 1. Re: What is the role of Schema in File Adapter
    Eric Elzinga Oracle ACE
    +"If native format translation is not required (for example, a JPG or GIF image is being processed), then select the Native format translation is not required check box. The file is passed through in base-64 encoding.+

+XSD files are required for translation. If you want to define a new schema or convert an existing data type definition (DTD) or COBOL Copybook, then select Define Schema for Native Format. This starts the Native Format Builder wizard. This wizard guides you through the creation of a native schema file from file formats such as comma-separated value (CSV), fixed-length, DTD, and COBOL Copybook. After the native schema file is created, the Messages page is displayed, with the Schema File URL and Schema Element fields filled in. For more information, see Creating Native Schema Files with the Native Format Builder Wizard."+

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E15523_01/integration.1111/e10231/adptr_file.htm
    Native Data Translation

maybe that explains it a bit
  • 2. Re: What is the role of Schema in File Adapter
    788367 Newbie
    I got my answer here. Thank you!!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points