This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 11:05 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

OCA -- correct logo?

Dird Pro
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

So I've managed to scrape through the 11g Admin OCA (\o/) and my certview has been updated. Do I have to use the logo specified or can I use the more simple "Oracle Certified Associate" logo which looks better. I've seen the CV of a senior in my team (for the next week anyways) and he simply uses the "Oracle Certified Professional" logo rather than one with 11g & Admin included on there.

The logo I'm talking about is like the one in the guideline document: https://education.oracle.com/education/downloads/ocplogoguidelines.pdf

Edit: should I take the lack of resposnse as "what a ridiculous question, of course you can"? =]

Mike

Edited by: Dird on Aug 2, 2010 2:11 PM
  • 1. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    75407 Expert
    Dird wrote:
    Hi,

So I've managed to scrape through the 11g Admin OCA (\o/) and my certview has been updated.
    Given your forum contributions over your cert journey over the past few months you seem to have put in effort and sweat so I think well and truly justly earning.
    Do I have to use the logo specified or can I use the more simple "Oracle Certified Associate" logo which looks better.
    My understanding is it is important to use the logo specified. The Certification Forum Moderator is more authorative.
    I've seen the CV of a senior in my team (for the next week anyways) and he simply uses the "Oracle Certified Professional" logo rather than one with 11g & Admin included on there.
    I suggest sometimes use of the logo on cv's can be detrimental rather than impressive. It depends on who is reading it.

>
    The logo I'm talking about is like the one in the guideline document: https://education.oracle.com/education/downloads/ocplogoguidelines.pdf

Edit: should I take the lack of resposnse as "what a ridiculous question, of course you can"? =]
    I don't normally do logos.
    Mike

Edited by: Dird on Aug 2, 2010 2:11 PM
    Rgds - bigdelboy.
  • 2. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Dird Pro
    Hi,

Thanks but I was hoping to have passed more comfortably :s chose the wrong route too (would have been ready so much more quickly had I gone for the developer route).

Why would you say it could be detrimental? OCA is meant to be my USP (unique selling point) :-x

Mike
  • 3. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi Mike;
    Why would you say it could be detrimental? OCA is meant to be my USP (unique selling point) :-x
    It depends you need to this logo or not,i prefer to dont use it, but i prefer to use this info on my company e-mail as

Helios
    Oracle 10g OCP

This is my way to how i use my OCP information :)

Regard
    Helios
  • 4. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Dird Pro
    Helios- Gunes EROL wrote:
    Helios
    Oracle 10g OCP

This is my way to how i use my OCP information :)
    So you don't even have the text on your CV?

I don't really have room on my CV to include the text which is why I was looking to use the logo (and it's eye catching).

Mike
  • 5. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;
    So you don't even have the text on your CV?
    I don't really have room on my CV to include the text which is why I was looking to use the logo (and it's eye catching).
    Actually i have 2 format CV. In format 1 yes i use OCP logo on top of right on my CV, and honestly ppl look this logo while i send CV somewhere. I also have 2th CV format which i dont use logo, I have only "Oracle 10g OCP" entery on my Certification part.

Honestly it depends who looks your CV, if person who looks you cv has experience he/she mostly check certification part first,but someother person can only look first top of your CV and then they can check your Certificaitons on you related field on your CV.

Actually its best way to ask it your HR department.I belive they can give more nice answer to its better to put OCP text on CV or not

Regard
    Helios
  • 6. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Dird Pro
    I've decided to use the detailed logo because I don't have room to include a section to specify what kind of OCA I will have.

Hopefully it will cause more positive intrigue of "why does a student have this certification?" and not some detrimental effects~

Mike
  • 7. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding. Actually, you should use the logo that is made availalbe to you in CertView (unless, of course, it seems to be wrong - in which case you should contact ocpexam_ww@oracle.com).

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 8. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    855904 Newbie
    hey bro now i m certified oracle (OCA).
    Can I use oca logo on my CV or Resume?
    Its compulsory ya not ?
    if compulsory so which logo will be use and where is available ?
  • 9. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    75407 Expert
    852901 wrote:
    hey bro now i m certified oracle (OCA).
    Can I use oca logo on my CV or Resume?
    Its compulsory ya not ?
    if compulsory so which logo will be use and where is available ?
    All certified persons will have received notifcation of where the logos are and how to download them:

- Thus either:-
    - you have received OCA certifcation confirmation but are unable to understand the information you have been sent.
    - Or you have not received certifcation or certification confirmation in which case you cannot use the logo.
  • 10. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    You will be able to access your logo in certview.oracle.com. Here, you will also find the Logo Usage Guidelines.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 11. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    994862 Newbie
    Hi,

I have given one exam IZ0 - 007 (sql) only.
    Can I use OCA logo in my resume , as i was told earlier logo can used in resume even if one exam is cleared.

Rgds.
  • 12. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    matthew_morris Expert
    I have given one exam IZ0 - 007 (sql) only.
    Can I use OCA logo in my resume , as i was told earlier logo can used in resume even if one exam is cleared.
    There is no certification or logo associated with any of the SQL Fundamentals exams. These exams are only a portion of a larger certification path. You cannot use the OCA logo until you pass one of the Admin 1 exams: 1Z0-042 or 1Z0-052.
  • 13. Re: OCA -- correct logo?
    I just want to reiterate what was said above. You are not certified yet and cannot use any Oracle Certification logo. You should ONLY use logos that are provided to you through CertView. There should not be any logos available to you yet in CertView. If there is another source from which you are able to get a logo, you are requested to report it to ocpfraud_ww@oracle.com.

Thanks,
    Brandye Barrington

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points