This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 11:10 PM by 862974 RSS

cx_Oracle.InterfaceError:unable to acquire envirnoment handle

789319 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
I am facing this issue with cx_Oracle error like cx_Oracle.InterfaceError:unable to acquire envirnoment handle
using cx_Oracle for windows platform with python version 2.6 . i haved dowload the cx_Oracle with version cx_Oracle-5.0.4-10g win32 py26.msi which is in binary and installed.
Inside the python folder LIB/site packages i found cx_Oracle.pyd file was present with help of this i am able to import the cx_oracle from python prompt

>>import cx_Oracle
This is working fine and its is importing but whenl i am trying to connect to the database through this
>>cx_Oracle.connect()
also with >>cx_Oracle("abc/abc@ORCL")
Traceback <most recent call last>
file "<stdin">,line 1 in <module>
cx_Oracle.InterfaceError:unable to acquire envirnoment handle --> ii am facing this issue i have set the environment path of ORACLE_HOME but still i am facing this issue not able to connect to database

The same which works fine with instanclient version 10.2 without python i am able to connect to database with help of cx_Oracle.connect() but its not same in the python prompt
as i have set all path but still i am facing this issue.

i am using instantclient10g version
location cx_Oracle i downloaded: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cx-oracle/cx_Oracle-5.0.4-10g-unicode.win32-py2.6.msi?download

let me know if any more path or dll i have to include in the python folder

regards
pavanbabu

Edited by: user11419695 on Aug 4, 2010 5:02 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points