This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2010 10:21 PM by 742275 RSS

Application Adapters 10g for WLS+OSB 11g?

781943 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Oracle Community

I'm having problems setting up the application adapters, in particular the SAP adapter, on my WLS+OSB 11g (without the SOA Suite).
The basic question first: Is it even possible to use the application adapters which are supposed to be used with 10g on 11g infrastructure? I only found 10g adapters for WLS+OSB only.

So on another thread i found that link to the application adapter installation and user guides.
Look here for the installation guide.

I followed that guide and had no problems during installation of the adapters.
Though after deploying the J2CA to my WLS I cannot test the connection pool. Don't know why, the console just tells me that it cannot be tested in the test result column. There is no check box to select the connection pool either. This holds for the default connection pool as well as for any other one I create. The IVP can be deployed and run for the BSE. But when I click on the service adapters link in the jcatest deployment I get the following error

AdapterException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.iwaysoftware.af.container.repository.ContainerState.processStorage(ContainerState.java:65) at com.iwaysoftware.af.container.IWAFContainer.start(IWAFContainer.java:227) at com.iwaysoftware.af.container.IWAFContainer.start(IWAFContainer.java:203) at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.getContainer(IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.java:556) at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.java:223) at weblogic.connector.security.layer.AdapterLayer.createManagedConnection(AdapterLayer.java:803) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createResource(ConnectionFactory.java:91) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1193) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResourceInternal(ResourcePoolImpl.java:395) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:332) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:315) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionPool.reserveResource(ConnectionPool.java:620) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:309) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnectionInfo(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:365) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:320) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:129) at com.ibi.afjca.cci.IWAFConnectionFactory.getConnection(IWAFConnectionFactory.java:112) at jsp_servlet.__service.getDesigntimeConnection(__service.java:248) at jsp_servlet.__service.aeCall(__service.java:317) at jsp_servlet.__service._jspService(__service.java:531) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300) at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.dms.wls.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:330) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3684) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650) at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

IWAFJCAException: IWAFManagedConnectionFactory:Exception java.lang.NullPointerException
javax.resource.spi.EISSystemException: IWAFManagedConnectionFactory:Exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.java:246) at weblogic.connector.security.layer.AdapterLayer.createManagedConnection(AdapterLayer.java:803) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createResource(ConnectionFactory.java:91) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1193) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResourceInternal(ResourcePoolImpl.java:395) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:332) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:315) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionPool.reserveResource(ConnectionPool.java:620) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:309) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnectionInfo(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:365) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:320) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:129) at com.ibi.afjca.cci.IWAFConnectionFactory.getConnection(IWAFConnectionFactory.java:112) at jsp_servlet.__service.getDesigntimeConnection(__service.java:248) at jsp_servlet.__service.aeCall(__service.java:317) at jsp_servlet.__service._jspService(__service.java:531) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300) at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.dms.wls.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:330) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3684) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650) at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Second, in the application explorer i can create configurations for BSE and J2CA but I cannot see any adapters nor events in the respective folders. Might it be a problem that I don't have the right versions of some files I need to add to the CLASSPATH for the configuration of the application explorer? Namely
com.bea.common.configfwk.ja_1.3.0.0.jar which should be com.bea.common.configfwk_1.2.1.0.jar     
com.bea.core.management.jmx_1.4.0.0.jar should be com.bea.core.management.jmx_1.1.0.0.jar
com.bea.core.management.core_2.7.0.0.jar should be com.bea.core.management.core_2.3.0.0.jar
I tried to rename them, which has no effect. (Yeah I know, it was worth a try)
Also i have version 3 of the SAP jco instead of 2.1.8 and libsapjco3.so instead of libsapjcorfc.so as the manual suggests it.

Cheers Zenon

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points