3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 4:03 AM by 716121 RSS

using Logical Directory property in Assign File Adapter BPEL

Hi,

I wanted to use The Logical Directory which I created while making File Adapter in a BPEL process in 11g, in an assign activity.

How it can be done?

Thanks in advance
      Sharat
        • 1. Re: using Logical Directory property in Assign File Adapter BPEL
          pavan4s
          Hi Sharat,

Can you elaborate your question.

If you are looking for the actual value to be given for your logical directory name... do like below

Select the adapter in the composite.xml and create a "Binding Property" in the Property Inspector for the adapter.

Then give logical directory that you have specified during configuration of adapter in the Name field and the actual output directory in the Value field

Regards
          PavanKumar.M
          • 2. Re: using Logical Directory property in Assign File Adapter BPEL
            Thanks for the response Pavan,

I have already created a binding property for Logical Directory in Composite.xml. The thing is I want to set it through em, and check inside BPEL whether it is null or not. Only after that the File Adapter should be invoked.

I wanted to avoid exception if the binding property is not set by the user.

Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks
            Sharat
            • 3. Re: using Logical Directory property in Assign File Adapter BPEL
              I have already created a binding property for Logical Directory in Composite.xml. The thing is I want to set it through em, and check inside BPEL whether it is null or not. Only after that the File Adapter should be invoked.

I wanted to avoid exception if the binding property is not set by the user.

The solution lies in the word "exception" itself, just put the "invoke" activity inside a scope and on that scope attach a catch activity with "Binding Exception". If the file adapter is not able to find the file path, it will raise the excetption and "catch" will catch and inside catch I am able to put any activity which can end the process gracefully.

Sharat