3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2010 4:02 PM by damorgan RSS

Change Notification not working in C#

Hi

I have tried various C# code examples to test Oracle Change Notifications running on Unix.

At first it worked fine but now the call back routine is no longer being called when a data update is being performed using a non sys user via SQL Developer.

Using Microsoft Network Monitor I can see TCP packets being sent from the Unix server to my Windows box on the same port that my app is listening on but it appears that the call back method is not being called. At the same the notification is being unregistered even though I have set it up to be persisted. The fact that it is being removed I think indicates that Oracle has encountered an error and so automatically removes the notification.

Does anyone know what the issue might be here or have some troubleshooting tips?

I am using
      ODP.net 11.2.0.1.2
      Oracle Client 11.2.0.1.0
      Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
        • 1. Re: Change Notification not working in C#
          damorgan
          The reason no one has tried to help you is that no one can. Here's what you posted:
          I have tried various C# code examples to test Oracle Change Notifications running on Unix. 
          Did you post the code that worked? No.
          Did you post the code that didn't work? No.
          Did you post any error messages? No.
          Did you post any trace files? No.

So essentially you are asking total strangers, who have never seen a line of your code, to guess what you are not doing right.

Ok: I guess your code should be a shade bluer so it doesn't clash with the carpet. ;)
          • 2. Re: Change Notification not working in C#
            Hi Dan,

that user and his post follow the same pattern I've seen in the other users I mentioned in my post about forum "overuse".

I think there is a teen ager that has nothing better to do than to create busywork for members of the forum.

John
            • 3. Re: Change Notification not working in C#
              damorgan
              Which equates to responses from me that take 10-15 seconds to write.