This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2010 7:28 PM by 690504 RSS

config OSI network?

795218 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using Solaris 10 and Oracle 11g on a SPARC system to run View-1 which is Motorola’s software for configuration of Next Level equipment… I am running into issues configuring my OSI CMISE network as that I do not have the CMISE agent “namemgr” on my computer can anyone send me in the direction of the software used today to configure an OSI network I know Solstice OSI used to be available it also went by the name of SunLink I believe that both were discontinued I have the entire middleware media pack I just am not sure which programs are going to help me… I read somewhere that Tuxedo and Message Q would get me where I need to go however I did not find any Message Q software in the media pack. If anyone knows for sure how to set up an OSI network the info would be great.
  • 1. Re: config OSI network?
    690504 Newbie
    Hi,

Sorry but I believe MessageQ will not be helpful to provide OSI CMISE service.

Generally saying, MessageQ is a Message-oriented Middleware. It mainly focus on provideing the universal Message delivery and/or publish interface, the reliable message transmission, kinds of delivery mode(synch/asynch/one-way), permanent/dynamic storage, and so on. But it doesn't help to construct the network layer.

In another word, it works over the exist network/ipc protocol to provide a universal clue layer in a loose-coupling system.

There may be MessageQ edocs which mentioned the OSI. I suppose they should be related with DECnet on OVMS. Given DECnet provide support for OSI/DECnet/TCPIP, with that MessageQ also can be deployed over OSI network layer.

Regards,
    Leo
  • 2. Re: config OSI network?
    795218 Newbie
    So now I am in the process of installing Tuxedo on my Blade2500 I think it will give me the ability to configure my OSI network... I found a patch "Tuxedo Mainframe Adapter for OSI TP 10gR3 for Solaris Operating System (SPARC 32-bit)" witch I'm hoping will help me... will it be a problem running 32-bit software when I have the 64-bit system installed? Is this the right software for setting up an OSI network?
  • 3. Re: config OSI network?
    795218 Newbie
    no i am in the process or installing BEA Tuxedo 10.0 i think i am headed in the right direction...
  • 4. Re: config OSI network?
    690504 Newbie
    Glad to hear that.

How about the current status? If you need the help from TMA guys, you can send me a mail (leo.wang@oracle.com) and then I can forward it to them for you.

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,
    Leo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points