2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2010 2:33 AM by 796247 RSS

Installing EBS R12 in HP-UX Itanium

Hello Experts,

I'm newbie to Oracle EBS, so i have a lot of small/simple questions regarding the installation of EBS.

1. Is it possible to install EBS in HP-UX Itanium 11.31 architecture? I hope the answer is Yes, because i could able to see the downloads for the architecture in http://edelivery.oracle.com.

2. I believe, downloading EBS R12 is free and anyone can download the software from the above link. But during the installation, it asks for 'Support Identifier (CSI)' and 'Metalink Account'. What are these informations and how to get this informations?

3. Based on the installation document, i hope, Database and Apps Server can be installed as separately using 'rapidwiz -techstack' option. But this installation only installs the Database and Apps Server not the Data and Application respectively.

Thanks in Advance,
      Prakash.A
        • 1. Re: Installing EBS R12 in HP-UX Itanium
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,
          1. Is it possible to install EBS in HP-UX Itanium 11.31 architecture? I hope the answer is Yes, because i could able to see the downloads for the architecture in http://edelivery.oracle.com.
          It is possible -- See (Note: 762891.1 - Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for HP-UX Itanium) for details.
          2. I believe, downloading EBS R12 is free and anyone can download the software from the above link. But during the installation, it asks for 'Support Identifier (CSI)' and 'Metalink Account'. What are these informations and how to get this informations?
          Providing the CSI number during the installation is optional and you can do the installation without having this number.

Oracle Applications Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_03/current/html/docset.html

The CSI number is the number you get when you license the software through a sales representative and have a support contract with Oracle Support (please search the forum for CSI and you will get many hits).
          3. Based on the installation document, i hope, Database and Apps Server can be installed as separately using 'rapidwiz -techstack' option. But this installation only installs the Database and Apps Server not the Data and Application respectively.
          Do NOT use the -techstack option as this is only required to install the application/database binaries, instead run rapidiwz on the database tier node, then copy the configuration file to the application tier node and run rapidwiz again (select to read the configuration file on the apps tier node). Please see the installation manual as it is all described in this guide.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Installing EBS R12 in HP-UX Itanium
            Hi Hussion,

Thanks for your replies
            Do NOT use the -techstack option as this is only required to install the application/database binaries, instead run rapidiwz on the database tier node, then copy the configuration file to the application tier node and run rapidwiz again (select to read the configuration file on the apps tier node). Please see the installation manual as it is all described in this guide.>

What relay like to achive is that, i have an EBS 11i running and planning to migrate to EBS R12. So, i'd created some kind of steps for migration based on some white papers. Those were,
            1. Install Oracle 10g in target machine.
            2. Migrate data from EBS 11i database (Vision database in my case) to Oracle 10g
            3. Install EBS R12 in target machine and integrate it with migrated database.

So, during the 3rd step, in normal installation procedure all the components Database server, Vision database, App Server and Applications. As, i have already installed and migrated data in step 1 and 2, i like to skip the installation of database server and vision database. Is it possible to do it and how?

Thanks,
            Prakash.A