This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 4:50 PM by 903437 RSS

11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP

766673 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I use my laptop (Windows XP S2, with 2 GB RAM), name 'L3-ACH9M'.
I login company network. From user account property, my account Group Member is others 'Administrator' (complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain).

I installed Oracle 11g R2 'personal' option. Failed on every pre-requisite check on my laptop computer.

Here I just list Memory Check failed error.

Physical Memory - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has at least 922MB (944128.0KB) of total physical memory.
Expected Value      : n/a
Actual Value      : n/a
List of errors:
-      PRVF-7531 : Physical memory check cannot be performed on node "L3-ACH9M"
- Cause: Could not perform check of physical memory on the node indicated.
- Action: Ensure ability to access the node specified and view memory information.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Welcome to the forums !

Pl verify you meet all of the pre-requisites for the install - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10843/reqs.htm#i1011417

Which version of XP ? Note that Home versions of any Windows software are not supported.

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    766673 Newbie
    The requirements are met for Windows 32 bit, and my XP version is Professional.

Thanks,
    Terence.
  • 3. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl post the last 50 lines from the install log - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10843/ts.htm#BABFDJDB

HTH
    Srini
  • 4. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    19426 Guru
    I had the same problems (I still don't know the reason for the prerequisite failures,but I'm sure all prerequisites are met), I clicked on 'Ignore' and the installation went fine.

Werner
  • 5. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    438637 Newbie
    Me too. On a Win64 with Windows 7. :(

Disturbing, because I used the same files to install on a WinXP earlier with only minor problems.
  • 6. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    530453 Newbie
    Disconnect from the company network and try install and it should go through. This happened with me too but after disconnecting from company network, install went fine and then connect to company network without any problems and everything should work.
  • 7. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    786336 Newbie
    I am able to install 11g release 2 on my vista premium edition 32bits successfully. send me email to tedchyn@yahoo.com if you have problems.
  • 8. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows Server 2008x64 R2
    797993 Newbie
    I have the same problem! I tried to install Oracle 11g on Windows Server 2008x64 R2, but nothing helps!! Nor skiping failures, nor disconnecting from the company network!!! Please Help me!!

Thanks,
    Kate

Edited by: 794990 on 15/9/2010 6:10

Edited by: 794990 on 15/9/2010 6:33
  • 9. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows Server 2008x64 R2
    798634 Newbie
    Make sure that your computer name does not have a hyphen or underscore in it. I just fixed this issue on my laptop, originally I had it named "XXXX-YY", all the prereq checkss failed, after removing the hyphen from the computer name, the prereq checks are successful.
  • 10. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    806917 Explorer
    This is a tough one. I had an SR open for a while and finally got this solved.
    1) The workstation service must be present and started. For whatever reason, I did not have this service available, so I had to install.
    2) Make sure you are on either a static IP address or the microsoft loopback adapter. I STRONGLY recommend a static IP address, as doing so will make life a lot easier later when you try to start OEM DB control (for whatever reason, OEM does not like the microsoft loopback adapter). I took my laptop home, put my laptop on a static IP address over wireless, and this problem (plus my never ending OEM problems) disappeared.
    3) Delete all unnecessary files in your temp directory (usually c:\temp).

I made these 3 changes, and I went from 100% failure to 100% success.

Good luck!

Scot Krause

Edited by: user2404861 on Oct 25, 2010 1:05 PM
  • 11. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    728006 Newbie
    Hi All,

Even i am facing the same problem can you guys give me the solution for the same issue.#

And I have tried with all the above solutions but no luck :(

KK
  • 12. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    790026 Explorer
    Hi,

It looks the admin share for C$ was disabled.

Please check Metalink document:

Installation of 11gR2 on Windows Fails Checking Requirements [ID 1133495.1]

Good luck!

---------------------------------
    http://dba-star.blogspot.com
  • 13. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    838280 Newbie
    Thank you!

I got a "Not enough server storage is available to proceess this command" System Error 1130 even after the default share for c$ had been enabled/verified. There are some good documents out there that explain what to do to work around this if you Google for those messages. In a nutshell, you have to go into the windows xp registry and increase the following parameter:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ System\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\ LanmanServer\ Parameters\ IRPStackSize]

I bumped mine up from 16 to 18 and rebooted and everything was just peachy keen. This is rather odd, since I thought this parameter was supposed to be dynamically set in Windows XP. Perhaps another program had manually set it in the registry? Regardless, it was underconfigured.
  • 14. Re: 11gR2 installation problem on Windows XP
    hans forbrich Oracle ACE Director
    Scot Krause wrote:
    This is a tough one. I had an SR open for a while and finally got this solved.
    1) The workstation service must be present and started. For whatever reason, I did not have this service available, so I had to install.
    2) Make sure you are on either a static IP address or the microsoft loopback adapter. I STRONGLY recommend a static IP address, as doing so will make life a lot easier later when you try to start OEM DB control (for whatever reason, OEM does not like the microsoft loopback adapter). I took my laptop home, put my laptop on a static IP address over wireless, and this problem (plus my never ending OEM problems) disappeared.
    3) Delete all unnecessary files in your temp directory (usually c:\temp).

I made these 3 changes, and I went from 100% failure to 100% success.
    Good for you and thanks for posting.

4) There is one other: make sure that none of the proposed ORACLE directories has a space or tab in the directory path.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points