5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2010 10:15 PM by 798138 RSS

Configure PCP on RAC

How can i configure PCP on RAC?
        • 1. Re: Configure PCP on RAC
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

What is the application release?

For PCP, see the docs referenced in this thread.

PCP Configuration
          PCP Configuration

For RAC, please refer to:

Note: 745759.1 - Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Real Application Clusters Documentation Roadmap
          Note: 403347.1 - MAA Roadmap for the E-Business Suite

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Configure PCP on RAC
            user12866255
            I have try to implement the PCP on nonRAC database , i have install the EBS on two servers (one node as application and the other as database) . After that i add a new application node by clone the existing application .

When i start the EBS i notice that there is two (Internal Monitor) running on each node , but other concurrnet managers only come up on one node, either nodeA or nodeB but not both nodes.

Is this a normal behavior ?
            • 3. Re: Configure PCP on RAC
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,

Have you implemented PCP? If not yet, then this is not an expected behavior (please navigate to Concurrent > Manager > Define, query the Internal Manager and verify the nodes).

Also, please mention your application release along with the database version and OS.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Configure PCP on RAC
                user12866255
                As i told i tried to implement the PCP , i have two nodes (Database , application) i add a new application node using this note
                How to Add a New Node to The Application Tier, and Make It a Web Server Node Only [ID 464018.1]
                And i implement the PCP using this note
                How to Set Up Parallel Concurrent Processing (PCP) in Apps 11i? [ID 388495.1]

The version of EBS i use is 12.1 , my platform is Redhat 5.4
                • 5. Re: Configure PCP on RAC
                  You need to set up the primary and secondary node names for all the concurrent managers according to the desired distribution, via Concurrent\Manager\Define Form.
                  Other wise the managers will come up on the node where the ICM first comes up.