4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 7:00 AM by 856357 RSS

Web Logic Server - FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE

772541 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Unable to start-up one of our Managed Server. Details are below,

System Details:

Weblogic:10.0 version

Error Category:
Unable to start up the one of the managed server.
One Admin Server four managed servers.
Except one Manage server others are working fine.

Error LOG Details:

<11-May-2010 20:00:57 o'clock CEST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090402> <Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.>
<11-May-2010 20:00:57 o'clock CEST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Tried Recovery Options:

1. changed the boot.properties with actual username and password
2. start the manage server from weblogic console
3.Result is FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
4.manaually started from the command prompt.
5.Got the same error and automatically shutdown.

please suggest to proceed further.
  • 1. Re: Web Logic Server - FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
    772664 Newbie
    Hi,

From the following message:-

<Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid.

it seems like ur boot.properties file is changed or corrupted. Can u try creating a new boot.properties file and restart ur server.

Follow the following steps:
    1) remove the boot.properties file completely from the managed server directory.
    2) remove the ManagedServerDir/data/ldap directory completely.
    3) Always keep backup of files before removing it.
    4) Now try to start the server from the command prompt and provide the username/password used to login to the Admin Console.

Edited by: user13112272 on May 12, 2010 9:58 AM
  • 2. Re: Web Logic Server - FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
    620406 Newbie
    In my case, it turned out to be the password for database has expired. My domain configuration is not using the default embedded pointbase, but instead it points to RDMS (oracle database). Once fixed the password expired password, i tried to restore the boot.properties and able to start the server again.

Edited by: nmn on Sep 22, 2010 6:04 PM
  • 3. Re: Web Logic Server - FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
    794970 Newbie
    Hi,
    To resolve this issue you can choose following ways.

1)Delete your boot.propertied file inside your manage server and then restart your manage server it will get configuration from admin server.
    2)
    As you said that your other manager servers are working fine.You can copy boot.properties file from another manage server to manager server which is giving problem ,it will also help.
    In this way delete your already exist boot.properties file (you can find it inside security folder in your manager server)
  • 4. Re: Web Logic Server - FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
    856357 Newbie
    Hi ,
    The same problem is happened to me also. i deleted the ldab file from admin server location and pasted the boot.properties file in under security folder and i started my server.
    its works fine..

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points