6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2010 9:52 AM by 799285 RSS

Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

Simona Stanciu-Oracle
      Release 12.1.

1. Customer had errors at extracts.
      2. He applied:
      1) 8602263:R12.AZ.B - 1OFF:8352532:12.1.1:12.1.1:ONDEMAND:ISETUP EXTRACT OF INVENTORY CATEGORY
      INFORMA
      2) 8652905:R12.AZ.B - 1OFF:8424285:12.1.1:12.1.1:FRAMEWORK SUPPORT TO VALIDATE RECORDS FROM
      DETAILS TO
      3) 8661732:R12.AZ.B - 1OFF:7608712:12.1.1:12.1.1:ISETUP DOES NOT MIGRATE SYSTEM PROFILE VALUES
      4) 8599456:R12.FND.B - 1OFF:12.1.1:8441573:FNDLOAD DOWNLOAD COMMAND IS INSERTING EXTRA SPACE AFTER
      A NEWLINE CHARACTER

3. After that extract is working succesfully.

4. Followed Note 826324.1 Generating BR100 styled report iSetup
      The note is confusing. Even the cst is on 12.1 and the note has:
      - Oracle iSetup - Version: 12 to 12.1.2 - Release: 1.2 to 12.1
      Oracle iSetup Version – Release R12.0.6
      In not clear if this can cause this issue if the cst is at 12.1.

5. 1) Create & Run Extract for Discrete Manufacturing => success.

2)Create Standard iSetup Report (N) iSetup>Reports>Standard>Create>
      2a) <Set Report Parameters> Data Source: Extract from step 1.
      2b)Apply Preferences if Available: Checked
      2c)Downloadable Report Format: PDF
      2d)Report Download Layout: Setup Document Style
      2e) <Choose Objects> Selected all Objects that were available
      2f) <Schedule> As soon as possible

This fails with:

Entity Name: Item Costs
      Ignore Warnings and Continue: Yes
      Update Existing Records: No
      Time Taken(seconds): 47.0

Entity Name: Price Lists
      Update Existing Records: No
      Time Taken(seconds): 131.0

Entity Name: Items
      Update Existing Records: Yes
      Time Taken(seconds): 1561.0
      Unable to publish the API:
      java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
           at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:417)
           at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
           at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.genReportDetailsXml(ReporterCommonUtil.java:705)
           at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.mergeAndBookmarkPdf(ReporterCommonUtil.java:784)
           at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.APIStdReporter.publishSelectedAPIs(APIStdReporter.java:354)
           at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterContextImpl.generateStdReport(ReporterContextImpl.java:74)
           at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.StdReporterCp.runProgram(StdReporterCp.java:67)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.request.Run.main(Run.java:157)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Start of log messages from FND_FILE
      End of log messages from FND_FILE

Executing request completion options...

Finished executing request completion options.

Concurrent request completed
      Current system time is 02-FEB-2010 12:51:26

• 1. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
          Hi,

The note 826324.1 is not applicable for customers who are already on 12.1 instance. Its only applicable for the customers who are on R12 instance. In 12.1 instance BR100 feature is there by default.

From the exception it seems like the XML Publisher template got corrupted.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
          at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:417)
          at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
          at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.genReportDetailsXml(ReporterCommonUtil.java:705)
          at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.mergeAndBookmarkPdf(ReporterCommonUtil.java:784)
          at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.APIStdReporter.publishSelectedAPIs(APIStdReporter.java:354)
          at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterContextImpl.generateStdReport(ReporterContextImpl.java:74)
          at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.StdReporterCp.runProgram(StdReporterCp.java:67)

Please follow the below mentioned steps:
          (Download and Unzip the attachment in the note (826324.1))
          1. Navigate to XML Publisher Administrator - > Templates - > Application(LOV) as Application Implementation
          2. Click Go
          3. Select iSetup BR 100 Styled Standard Report Template. Click Update and Upload BR100_Layout.rtf. Click Apply
          4. Now create Report using and see whether you are able to generate or not. Also create report with Hierarchical Style and check whether you are able to generate or not

Regards,
          Bindu.
          • 2. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
            Bindu,

I am glad I found somebody who know iSetup.
            We are using iSetup 12.1.1 and coming accross the below error for some of the comparision reports. Other comparision reports are fine.
            Open an SR but no help so far.

I appreciate your help on this.

__Error Log:__

AZR12COMPREPORTER module: iSetup R12 Comparison Reporter

Current system time is 21-SEP-2010 00:13:01

Working Directory= /tbtl1i/applcsf/log/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08/
            CP Request Directory=> /tbtl1i/applcsf/log/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08/lreq1123347

Concurrent Request Parameters
            SNAPSHOT_REQUEST_TYPE=E
            JOB_NAME=GF - doc seq categories
            SNAPSHOT_NAME=GF extract from t1i - w/o users and cps
            USER_NAME=TARAJ.KHAN
            GEN_DOWNLOADABLE_FLAG=Y
            DBC_FILE_NAME=
            IS_REMOTE=N
            REQUEST_TYPE=C
            SEC_SNAPSHOT_NAME=GF extract from t4i - w/o users and cps
            SHOW_ONLY_DIFF_FLAG=Y
            DOWNLOADABLE_FORMATS=PDF

Environment Parameters
            TWO_TASK=TBTL1I
            APPLCSF=/tbtl1i/applcsf
            APPLLOG=log/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08
            FNDTOP=/tbtl1i/applmgr/1200/fnd/12.0.0
            FNDSECURETOP=/tbtl1i/inst/apps/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure

Downloading the extract from central instance
            Successfully copied the Extract => /tbtl1i/applcsf/log/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08/lreq1123347/AZTBTL1I1123347.zip
            Time taken to download Extract and write as zip file = 17 seconds
            Downloading the extract from central instance
            Successfully copied the Extract => /tbtl1i/applcsf/log/TBTL1I_auohsbtly08/lreq1123347/AZTBTL1I1123347sec.zip
            Time taken to download Extract and write as zip file = 17 seconds
            Validating Primary Extract...
            Validating Secondary Extract...
            Parsing driver.xml
            Time taken to parse the Driver file and construct setup objects:15 milliseconds
            Parsing driver.xml
            Time taken to parse the Driver file and construct setup objects:1 milliseconds
            Sep 21, 2010 12:13:51 AM oracle.adf.share.config.ADFConfigFactory findOrCreateADFConfig
            INFO: oracle.adf.share.config.ADFConfigFactory No META-INF/adf-config.xml found

Entity Name: Document Sequence Categories
            Type: BC4J
            Executable Path: oracle.apps.fnd.docseq.categories.server.CategoriesAM
            Time Taken(seconds): 1074.0

********* Online report generation complete, starting to publish **********

Entity Name: Document Sequence Categories
            Executable Path: oracle.apps.fnd.docseq.categories.server.CategoriesAM
            Time Taken(seconds): 1074.0
            java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:199)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:263)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:271)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:445)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:3153)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:3068)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.DBUtil.selectRow(DBUtil.java:405)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.DBUtil.selectRow(DBUtil.java:370)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.initPostPublishing(ReporterCommonUtil.java:201)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.createIndexHtml(ReporterCommonUtil.java:312)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.APICompReporter.publishSelectedAPIs(APICompReporter.java:374)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterContextImpl.generateCompReport(ReporterContextImpl.java:112)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.CompReporterCp.runProgram(CompReporterCp.java:66)

Unable to update the request table
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:3153)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:3068)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.DBUtil.getCurrentDate(DBUtil.java:529)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZTransaction.getCurrentRemoteDBDate(AZTransaction.java:581)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZRequest.setRequestStatus(AZRequest.java:393)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZContextImpl.setRequestStatus(AZContextImpl.java:256)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZContextImpl.updateRequestStatus(AZContextImpl.java:310)
                 at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.CompReporterCp.runProgram(CompReporterCp.java:82)

Start of log messages from FND_FILE
            End of log messages from FND_FILE
            • 3. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
              This is not an iSetup issue. It seems that the JDBC connection is getting closed while the report is being published. This could be possibly due to issues with your JDBC driver version or your JDBC connection pool configuration timeout. I would suggest you to double check on these points.

Also, does it happen consistently for all reports or only for long running reports?

--
              Thanks,
              Lokesh
              • 4. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
                Lokesh,

No, this is not consistent for all reports.
                The same error is populating for smaller reports also.

Verified the JDBC connection/driver and they are fine.
                • 5. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
                  It is pretty evident that the connection is getting closed while we are still publishing.

* Is this consistently happening for small and large reports, always on publishing?
                  * Did you try after bouncing the database & middle tier services?
                  * Timeout settings at the database/middle tier

This is not an iSetup issue as iSetup does not create/close any connections on its own. We leverage the connections provided by Concurrent Manager and AOLJ pool.
                  I would suggest logging a bug/SR against AOLJ to investigate the issue further.

--
                  Thanks,
                  Lokesh
                  • 6. Re: Unable to publish the API: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
                    Lokesh,

We did GSS, double the profile option time (OPP), bounce the database and services.
                    Again this is not consistent, I have a very small report which took only 235 seconds to capture the data. Error pops up while publishing (refer below).
                    The next report I run is successful.

Do you think the problem could be the dataset (i.e. extracts)?

Entity Name: Auto Accounting
                    Executable Path: oracle.apps.ar.ispeed.autoaccounting.server.SetupAutoAccountingAM
                    Time Taken(seconds): 235.0
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.DBUtil.selectRow(DBUtil.java:405)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.DBUtil.selectRow(DBUtil.java:370)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.initPostPublishing(ReporterCommonUtil.java:201)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterCommonUtil.createIndexHtml(ReporterCommonUtil.java:312)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.APICompReporter.publishSelectedAPIs(APICompReporter.java:374)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.ReporterContextImpl.generateCompReport(ReporterContextImpl.java:112)
                         at oracle.apps.az.r12.reporter.cpserver.CompReporterCp.runProgram(CompReporterCp.java:66)