1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 7:45 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Go to original post
      • 15. Re: How to make a simple Plugin system?
        jschell wrote:
        Adam-Z. wrote:
        ...so if there are any points you can give me, it would be a pleasure.
        Have you implemented at least two of these already? Generalizing from multiple cases is easier than a single case.
        one more thing I have noticed while making this application, when trying to generalize a few objects that has the same basic behavior and some times one or two does not seem to fit logically speaking, although they should, it does not mean that the general behavior I've designed is wrong but 99% of the times the problem at least with me, is in the basic logic I've applied to the design of the problematic object.
        I hope this make sense, it does to me.

Adam.
        • 16. Re: How to make a simple Plugin system?
          jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
          Adam-Z. wrote:
          jschell wrote:
          Adam-Z. wrote:
          ...so if there are any points you can give me, it would be a pleasure.
          Have you implemented at least two of these already? Generalizing from multiple cases is easier than a single case.
          one more thing I have noticed while making this application, when trying to generalize a few objects that has the same basic behavior and some times one or two does not seem to fit logically speaking, although they should, it does not mean that the general behavior I've designed is wrong but 99% of the times the problem at least with me, is in the basic logic I've applied to the design of the problematic object.
          Unfortunately the real world is not perfect. But keep an eye on it - too many exceptions probably means a problem with the design (and "too many" is going to be an subjective rather than objective call.)
          1 2 Previous Next