3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 6:59 AM by 791266

Ensuring that JMX RMI Connector is always up ?

Hello Guru's

I actually start a JMX RMI Connector as a part of java process. The URL of this JMX is used by external processes to invoke operations on this process.

Now, my worry is - After starting JMX RMI Connector, Do I need to put some check to make sure that JMX RMI Connector is always up and if it is not up then try to restart that ? We use MX4J JMX implementation. Does MX4J provides some default feature which makes sure that once started it remains up always unless process gets stopped or process crashes ?

Regards
      Vikas
        • 1. Re: Ensuring that JMX RMI Connector is always up ?
          VikasP wrote:
          Hello Guru's

I actually start a JMX RMI Connector as a part of java process. The URL of this JMX is used by external processes to invoke operations on this process.

Now, my worry is - After starting JMX RMI Connector, Do I need to put some check to make sure that JMX RMI Connector is always up and if it is not up then try to restart that ? We use MX4J JMX implementation. Does MX4J provides some default feature which makes sure that once started it remains up always unless process gets stopped or process crashes ?

Regards
          Vikas
          I'm not using MX4J, but we start a JMX RMI Adapter/server as part of your process, and it just keep running as long as the process runs. We don't have to monitor it.
          • 2. Re: Ensuring that JMX RMI Connector is always up ?
            Thanks alot Kajbj. Just to be perfectly sure does anybody knows on this with MX4J based implementation ?

Regards
            Vikas
            • 3. Re: Ensuring that JMX RMI Connector is always up ?
              VikasP wrote:
              Thanks alot Kajbj. Just to be perfectly sure does anybody knows on this with MX4J based implementation ?

Regards
              Vikas
              Shouldn't you ask that at an MX4J forum?