This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
From my understanding weblogic dose not provide the thing which you are asking for, reason is given below.
- An application is deployed only on managed server one (MS-1)
- Now if the request comes to the server (MS-1) when it was running and then for some reason MS-1 goes down then weblogic server would be able to send any response back to the client as its down.
- Hence nothing can be done as the request object is been lost when the server goes down or even cant redirect to an error page as for doing that too the server has to be up and running.
However there are other way round which can help you overcome this issue as shown below
- Use Clusters with few managed servers in it which gives you high availability and load-balancing.
- Use any web servers like Apache in front of weblogic servers.
Using the above things you can also use customized HTTP Error Responses with error-page element in web.xml and create your own error pages which can be re-directed for the web server side also. For more information go through the below links
Topic: Customizing HTTP Error Responses
Hope above information helps you.