14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2009 1:51 AM by 843789 RSS

JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?

1. JBOSS Application Server start up problem?
      I have installed the JBOSS 4.0 application server in eclipse 3.4(Ganymede) in order to work with the adempiere open source ERP.When I start the JBOSS server,It displays the message “Server started in Xm:XXs:XXXms” in the console window.But the progress bar in server window is still running.Once the time out is over,it displays the message server cannot be started.

What should I do in order to make eclipse know that the server is started(message in console as server started) and set its status to “Started”?

2.Is it possible to copy and paste the .war created in eclipse 3.4 using JBOSS 4.0 to Glassfish v2 which requires archive file .ear form in NetBeans IDE 6.1?
        • 1. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
          r035198x
          Aren't you supposed to use the RunServer2.sh/bat scripts in the Adempiere/utils folder for starting Jboss in Adempiere?
          • 2. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
            Even If I start the RunServer.sh/bat the message "server started is diasplayed in console".But when i run the adempiere client,
            the application server failed in testing,it displays the message "server not active" at some times or adempiere not bound in some times or the exception at some times "Could not obtain connection to any of the URLS:ACE-6 and discovery failed with error:javax.naming.CommunicationException:Receive timed out[Root Exception is :java.net.SocketTimeOUtException:ReceivedTimeOut                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
            • 3. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
              r035198x
              The "server not active" messages are usually caused by mismatches in hostname used to connect to the server with the entry in the client machine's host file.
              I think you should rather try the Adempiere forums though and their wiki as well for a step by step guide on how to install Adempiere.
              • 4. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                I followed the instruction as per it is given in adempiere wiki.Testing the databswe was success and it also uses the same host name.I am not sure whether it is problem with JBOSS server.Any suggestions on how to proceed further.

I changed the JBOSS version from 4.0.0 to JBOSS 4.2.0 GA and JBOSS 5..0.0

I changed the JBOSS server to Tomcat.Even I got the same error..

Any suggestions on what could be the problenm and how to proceed further..
                • 5. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                  I need help in solving the problem
                  • 6. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                    r035198x
                    Re run the RUN_setup.sh/bat in the Adempiere folder and make sure that it completes successfully. You have to stop the server first.
                    P.S I really think this belongs in the Adempiere forums.
                    • 7. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                      Meera11 wrote:
                      I changed the JBOSS server to Tomcat.Even I got the same error..
                      What version of tomcat you have installed?
                      How you are starting the server?
                      What error you are getting while starting the tomcat server?
                      • 8. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                        I'm having the same exact problem with Eclipse 3.4.2 and JRE 6 when connecting to jboss 5.0.1. The Jboss server is started correctly and I can even hit my EAR from the browser that i have installed on the server. But Eclipse doesn't recognize that the JBOSS server is running. The status continues to say Starting. I have my timeout set for 450 seconds. When that occurs Eclipse stops the server indicating that JBOSS failed to start.

The funny thing is I am able to start jboss from eclipse on my other PC. So I deleted jboss and eclipse and copied it from the working pc. But Eclipse still fails to recognize that jboss has started.

Has anyone else found a fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Steve
                        • 9. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                          I did get eclipse to recognize the jboss server being started. I had previously commented out the connector in the server.xml of my jboss server that runs on port 8080 so that i could have the http server take all the requests.

When I uncomment the connector using port 8080, Eclipse is able to recognize that the jboss server is running. I'm still not sure why this works on my other pc which has the same setup. But I will continue to investigate tomorrow.

I just wanted to let the original poster know that in the jboss server view you can define the port to run on 8080. It looks like this needs to match the connector in the server.xml.
                          • 10. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                            i also noticed when I start the server some times the first line it display in the container will be starting Microcontainer some times it diaplays microkernel?You can find out reason based on that also?

Actually I was using 8080 port for my Oracle 10g Express Edition.Even when I change the port in server view,I had same problem.In order to recover from the problem,I finally changed my database port,My Jboss 4.0 has started succesfully. When I access the JBOSS in URL http://localhost:8080/jmx-console,i got the error can you tell me what can i do?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:97)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:346)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:414)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
                                 org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)
                                 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)
                                 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
                                 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
                                 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                                 org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

root cause

Unable to find a javac compiler;
                            com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
                            Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
                                 org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)
                                 org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:929)
                                 org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)
                                 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)
                                 org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.
                            Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
                            • 11. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                              i also noticed when I start the server some times the first line it display in the container will be starting Microcontainer some times it diaplays microkernel?You can find out reason based on that also?

Actually I was using 8080 port for my Oracle 10g Express Edition.Even when I change the port in server view,I had same problem.In order to recover from the problem,I finally changed my database port,My Jboss 4.0 has started succesfully. When I access the JBOSS in URL http://localhost:8080/jmx-console,i got the error can you tell me what can i do?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
                                   org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:97)
                                   org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:346)
                                   org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:414)

root cause

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)
                                   org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:929)
                                   org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)
                                   org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.
                              Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
                              • 12. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                                r035198x

Did you see that part of your stacktrace?
                                • 13. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                                  Can you tell me how can I found the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs? I searched for such folder I cant find any?
                                  • 14. Re: JBOSS  4.0 Application Server start up problem?
                                    The tomcat logs should be under server/default/log/server.log. If not you can do a search for server.log.