System.out.print(tokens.getSpokenText() + " ");
          System.out.println();

// Deallocate the recognizer and exit
          rec.deallocate();
          System.exit(0);
     }

public static void main(String args[]) {
          try {
               // Create a recognizer that supports English.
               rec = Central.createRecognizer(
                                   new EngineModeDesc(Locale.ENGLISH));

// Start up the recognizer
               rec.allocate();

// Load the grammar from a file, and enable it
               FileReader reader = new FileReader("g.in");
               RuleGrammar gram = rec.loadJSGF(reader);
               gram.setEnabled(true);

// Add the listener to get results
               rec.addResultListener(new HelloWorld());

// Commit the grammar
               rec.commitChanges();

// Request focus and start listening
               rec.requestFocus();
               rec.resume();
          } catch (Exception e) {
               e.printStackTrace();
          }
     }
}
the problem was in the line:
rec.deallocate();
and the error  :
* unreported exception javax.speech.EngineException; must be caught or declared to be thrown *
please help me .... javadev.ah@gmail.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 1. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    843802 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    i tried to make rec.deallocate(); as a note then

i had a differen problem about rec.allocate();

the problem is:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at testapi.HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:38)

38: the line of rec.allocate();
  • 2. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    793415 Pro
    Welcome to the Sun forums. Your code already shows how to try/catch, here is how to 'declare'.
    import javax.speech.*;
    import javax.speech.recognition.*;
    import java.io.FileReader;
    import java.util.Locale;

public class HelloWorld extends ResultAdapter {
         static Recognizer rec;

// Receives RESULT_ACCEPTED event: print it, clean up, exit
         public void resultAccepted(ResultEvent e) 
                   throws EngineException  // declare the exception!
           {
              Result r = (Result)(e.getSource());
              ResultToken tokens[] = r.getBestTokens();

for (int i = 0; i < tokens.length; i++)
                   System.out.print(tokens.getSpokenText() + " ");
              System.out.println();

// Deallocate the recognizer and exit
              rec.deallocate();
              System.exit(0);
         }

public static void main(String args[]) {
              try {
                   // Create a recognizer that supports English.
                   rec = Central.createRecognizer(
                                       new EngineModeDesc(Locale.ENGLISH));

// Start up the recognizer
                   rec.allocate();

// Load the grammar from a file, and enable it
                   FileReader reader = new FileReader("g.in");
                   RuleGrammar gram = rec.loadJSGF(reader);
                   gram.setEnabled(true);

// Add the listener to get results
                   rec.addResultListener(new HelloWorld());

// Commit the grammar
                   rec.commitChanges();

// Request focus and start listening
                   rec.requestFocus();
                   rec.resume();
              } catch (Exception e) {
                   e.printStackTrace();
              }
         }
    }
    Edit1:
    Note that unless resultAccepted(ResultEvent) is being called in the last line of the main(), it should not call System.exit(0).

Edited by: AndrewThompson64 on Jul 13, 2009 1:26 AM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
  • 3. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    843802 Newbie
    hello,

after i add the exception it gave me error saying:

overwride method does not have exception

but the main problem from:
    rec.allocate();
    it gave me problem saying:
    null pointer exception

can any body help me,
    some one told me something abou fix pathes... is that right and how to do it

Edited by: javadev.ah on Jul 12, 2009 10:24 AM
  • 4. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    793415 Pro
    I did not notice that it extended something else, and did not realise that that method was overridden. But anyway, in that event, use a try/catch, like the code in main().
  • 5. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    843802 Newbie
    thank you about the exception thing I solved as exception on block.... thanks for your help

there is other problem about (( nullpointerexception ))
    I will post a new question about this
    hope you help if you know abswer

thanks for your help
  • 6. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
    843802 Newbie
    hello,

I have the same problem as yours! the null pointer exception ! can you help me plz!