7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2010 7:39 AM by 774570 RSS

ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows

Kumbar
      Hi,
      I have deployed the ODI console,Java EE agent and ODI sdk web services.Weblogic admin server link http://localhost:7001/console/login/LoginForm.jsp.
      The link for my ODI console looks like this :http://localhost:7001/odiconsole
      In my master repository i have just created Java EE agent in my master repository with weblogic context as:oraclediagent and port:7001 is WLS server port.
      Till now i have not created even single standalone agent.
      I took encoded password for my Java EE agent say JAVA_AGENT2 and modified in the odiparams file.
      i started the java agent and while testing the connection of this java agent i am getting following error.
      Agent Test failed.
      oracle.odi.runtime.agent.invocation.InvocationException: ODI-1425: Agent application cannot be reached using http://localhost:7001/oraclediagent.
           at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.invocation.RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.reThrowAgentErrorAsInvocation(RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.java:932)
           at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.invocation.RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.invoke(RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.java:267)
           at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.invocation.RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.invokeIsAlive(RemoteRuntimeAgentInvoker.java:427)
           at oracle.odi.ui.action.SnpsPopupActionTestAgentHandler.actionPerformed(SnpsPopupActionTestAgentHandler.java:65)
           at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.EditFrameSnpAgent.jButtonTestAgent_ActionPerformed(EditFrameSnpAgent.java:964)
           at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.EditFrameSnpAgent.connEtoC2(EditFrameSnpAgent.java:200)
           at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.EditFrameSnpAgent$IvjEventHandler.actionPerformed(EditFrameSnpAgent.java:148)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
           at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
           at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6263)
           at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
           at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
           at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
           at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
           at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
           at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2475)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
      Please help me to clarify my doubts & error.
      1) Before setting up an Java EE agent a standalone agent must be set up?
      2)If yes ,then odiparams needs to update for the standalone agent ?(i hope yes it is must)
      3)I will now start creating the java ee odi agent and then,should i updtae the encoded password of for this agent in the same odiparams.bat file?
      4)To create agents,data server,schema,respositoies which login name should i login i mean master repositoy login name/work repository login name?

Please help me,

Thanks,
      MNK
        • 1. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
          Hi MNK,

1) Before setting up an Java EE agent a standalone agent must be set up?

Yes

2)If yes ,then odiparams needs to update for the standalone agent ?(i hope yes it is must)

Yes

3)I will now start creating the java ee odi agent and then,should i updtae the encoded password of for this agent in the same odiparams.bat file?

Yes

4)To create agents,data server,schema,respositoies which login name should i login i mean master repositoy login name/work repository login name?

to create agent just use the standalone agent name in topology (Physical agent) which you have used while installation ( use this link on standalone agent http://odiexperts.com/?p=2121 )
          and make sure your standalone agent is successful and its running fine
          and here is a link http://odiexperts.com/?p=2228 about odiconsole and how to call the java ee agent using weblogic.

Make sure your standalone agent is running and use that agent while triggering scenarios through odiconsole.

hope i have answered all your question.
          • 2. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
            Kumbar
            Hi Dev,
            Thanks a lot,
            I have done set up of stand alone agent and i tested that by executing interface.its all fine.
            Now tell me,while creating this standalone agent do i need to drag and drop all my data servers and work repo in the data sources tab of agent screen ? this i have not done yet.Do i need create WLS template for this in ODI using generate WLS template button?

I am refering the link you mentioned to create domain and configure ODI console.Its superb.

Waiting for help,
            Thanks again
            MNK
            • 3. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
              Hi MNK , i have given you the wrong answer initially , i dint read carefully . Sorry about that. Personally i have not gone dig deep into adding data source to agent and other question you are looking for . I am just looking at them .

Edited by: Dev on Sep 29, 2010 6:36 AM
              • 4. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
                Kumbar
                Hi Dev,

I have created new stand alone agent and its working fine in ODI studio.
                I have started creating domain for data sources shown in the odiexpert link and created domain odi11g_domainG. It went fine and weblogic admin server started,but in the log i found the error

####<Sep 30, 2010 12:58:41 PM IST> <Error> <Deployer> <OFSCVR0188> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1285831721671> <BEA-149231> <Unable to set the activation state to true for the application 'oraclediagent'.
                weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: *"AgentServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "oraclediagent".*
                ODI-1437: Error retrieving information from the credential store map.
                Caused By: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing odi supervisor credentials in credential store map oracle.odi.credmap.

Then i have done the credential store set up using commands mentioned in the link
                http://odiexperts.com/?p=2228.
                it went fine.
                When i have logged in into adminserver, for oraclediagent the status is showing failed under.
                Home >Summary of Servers >AdminServer
                and odiconsole is as Active.

I have luanched the ODi console and logged in with work repository,but its very slow and when i click on any field/tab in ODI console its not responding. is any set up missed and i am having 3gb ram and WLS 10.3.2 is installed. is this enough?

Please help me,
                MNK
                • 5. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
                  Hi MNK ,

Great to know that you have reached so far and you should be able to see all the objects present in your work Repository and Master repostiroy and since you have executed the WLS command you should be able to execute too with Agent provided the standalone agent is working too .

Now when you click nothing is coming , can you right click on the object and select view , edit and other option to be reflected on the right side of the pane. I have also see my odiconsole to be a little slow. I am not exactly sure what is the reason for slow response but my guess is that Odiconsole being a web application send a request through java and retrives the data from database and converts and displays it back in odiconsole as required objects. I will let you know incase i find some setting to make it faster.

Please let me know if you have any question , although i think pretty much you are set up with your configuration.
                  • 6. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
                    Kumbar
                    Hi Dev,
                    Thanks a for ur quick repply.
                    Now i am able login into ODI console,when i click on any object like runtime,toplogy, the connection to server is falied i am getting and following error i have seen in the log

<Oct 1, 2010 2:13:12 PM IST> <Error> <HTTP> <OFSCVR0188> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1285922592453> <BEA-101019> <[ServletContext@20584931[app:odiconsole module:odiconsole path:/odiconsole spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with IOException
                    weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: Cannot parse POST parameters of request: '/odiconsole/faces/shell/UIShell.jspx'
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.mergePostParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:2017)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.parseQueryParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:1897)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.getQueryParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:1791)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:1868)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.access$800(ServletRequestImpl.java:1706)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:794)
                         at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.getParameter(ServletRequestWrapper.java:169)
                         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:137)
                         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                         at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:191)
                         at oracle.odi.repex.view.main.auth.AuthMustFilter.doFilterInternal(AuthMustFilter.java:41)
                         at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
                         at oracle.odi.repex.view.main.auth.ThreadAuthFilter.doFilterInternal(ThreadAuthFilter.java:38)
                         at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
                         at oracle.dms.wls.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:330)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3592)
                         at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                         at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2202)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2108)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1432)
                         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
                         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Caused By: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
                         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
                         at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.PostInputStream.read(PostInputStream.java:177)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInputStreamImpl.read(ServletInputStreamImpl.java:228)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.mergePostParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:1991)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.parseQueryParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:1897)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.getQueryParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:1791)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:1868)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$RequestParameters.access$800(ServletRequestImpl.java:1706)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:794)
                         at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.getParameter(ServletRequestWrapper.java:169)
                         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:137)
                         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
                         at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:191)
                         at oracle.odi.repex.view.main.auth.AuthMustFilter.doFilterInternal(AuthMustFilter.java:41)
                         at oracle.odi.repex.view.main.auth.ThreadAuthFilter.doFilterInternal(ThreadAuthFilter.java:38)
                         at oracle.dms.wls.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:330)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3592)
                         at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                         at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2202)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2108)
                         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1432)
                         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
                         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Any idea?

Thanks,
                    MNK
                    • 7. Re: ODI 11g Weblogic agent test connection  in windows
                      while looking at the error message
                      Caused By: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
                      so due to some reason your connection is timed out .

Might be you can post in Weblogic forum where some expert can give your suggestion in solving this issue and making your connection faster., as i remember you had issue with slow connection.