5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2010 2:21 PM by 843799 RSS

creating 3D human model

I have to create a 3D human model. Is there any support in java3D API 4 the same

Edited by: AmitPrakash on Jul 24, 2010 12:44 PM
        • 1. Re: creating 3D human model
          You can't make a decent human model with the Java3D API unless you are a mathematical genius and like doing things the hard way. Do your model in a 3D Modelling package and import it using one of the 3D file loaders out there.
          • 2. Re: creating 3D human model
            Thanks Marlow

I was thinking the same but the pblm is that i have to change the size of the model on user;s input
            Is that possible by importing models in java and then changing the model size........
            • 3. Re: creating 3D human model
              Well i'm no expert on file loaders for Java but if your model vertices are held in Java containers or any other container like an Array then i would imagine that passing those model vertices through a scaling matrix modified by user input then this might give you the desired effect.
              • 4. Re: creating 3D human model
                Thanks Marlow,
                loading model in a container may be possible but container will not be able to get attributes and their values defined in 3D modeling package for the model.
                This may be not a exact solution.
                • 5. Re: creating 3D human model
                  Well, have you looked at the code examples of 3D models out there used by Java 3D? I've seen a few myself. There must be something in this to get you started.

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/3D/ObjectLoaderExample.htm