This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2010 10:08 AM by DrClap RSS

how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea

843810 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
plz tell me how to display urdu font nastaleeq...i tried but characters r not joining togather.......thanx
  • 1. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    Please post your code here and we can continue from there onwards...
  • 2. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    I don't know why you resurrected this old thread. But, the solution that the OP needed was to upgrade from Java 1.4 to Java 1.5. Apparently, Java 1.5 fixed something that changed how certain fonts are displayed.
  • 3. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    To set the Text from Right to Left ,we can use
    setComponentOrientation() method. I don't have clear idea about
    the arguments
    hope this helps,
    regd's

i have got the urdu font and can use them in JTextArea. i have also maped the font with the keyboard but the problem i am fasing here is that.
    when i set the componentOrientation of the JTextArea it brings the cursor to the right side but when i type some thing the text is written in the JTextArea but the cursor does not move from right to left it stays on the right side and the text moves from right to left. and always new text is written on the right side, but it has to be displayed on the left side of the initial text.
    can any body help me how i can do this ?

David
    http://wordpress.org/support/profile/48368
  • 4. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    I resurrected the old matter infact which is still new and burning...
    No, using jdk1.5 will not solve this problem alone. It needs problem-specific coding, man!

ipfresh can you post your code, we can work on from there... We will try to fix that problem...

you can have my email address if you are shy of showing your code publicly. My email is adilsec@yahoo.com

RSVP,

adilsun
  • 5. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    Hey even i am facing the same problem of not able to display the combined letters in jlable. Can anybody give me some directions.....

thanks
  • 6. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    843810 Newbie
    I have the same problem like you have.................... i am using the nastaleeq unicode urdu font and i want to display Urdu in JTextArea...........

When i get retrieved urdu values from the MSAccess database coloumn it gets as ????? undefined symbols........

ie it actually doesn't get what to display if you find the solution plz contact me at cool_jatish@yahoo.com

Neeeded solution of this problem urgent plz some one contact
  • 7. Re: how 2 display urdu font in jtextarea
    DrClap Expert
    Saying your problem is urgent: 1 strike.

Asking for response via e-mail: 2 strikes.

Posting in a thread which has been dead for years: 3 strikes. You're out.