This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2009 3:57 AM by 843807 RSS

Java Access-Bridge support for AWT applications

843807 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all,

I am facing problems when accessing applets through Java Access-Bridge 2.0.1. Below are the details.

I am writing one application using VC++ 2005 which interacts with Java Access-Bridge there by interacting with Java applications for recording events on them and replaying them.

I am able to work perfectly with all kind of SWING UI controls. But facing problems with applets, more specifically with AWT controls. The details are,

1) TextArea/TextField control: Succeeded in getting text on them, but failed to insert text to the prior said text controls using setTextControls(). setTextControls() is returning false in this case.
2) choice control: Not able to get descendants (list of elements in the choice box) at all. No interfaces supported through java Access-Bridge. Bottom line is, failed to get the element in choice control, failed to get selected item and failed to select particular data on the choice control.
3) List control: Able to fire events on it such as selecting a specific element using index. But the element names are not getting populated. Java Monkey is showing it's name as "List Item" for each of the list items.
4) Checkbox control: Succeeded in getting the state of the button (checked or not checked). But not able to check/uncheck through Java Access-Bridge.

Is there any patch for Access-Bridge which addresses these problems?

Any help would be appreciated. I got stuck by this badly.

Thanks in advance
Anil