3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2009 4:34 AM by 843807 RSS

"Generating and Compiling an Adapter class" error

Hi,

Ive written 2 javabeans. When i try to load eithir of them into the BDK 1.1 beanbox, I have a problem.

You know the pop up window which says "Generating and Compiling an Adapter class"
      When i try to change the properties by linking up the beans It dosnt close, it stays open indefinetly.

What could be my problem?

Thnaks,
      Ocelot
        • 1. Re: "Generating and Compiling an Adapter class" error
          Hello,

I am a newbie and was facing the same problem since one week and was runnig out of hair. I came across something that is written in Core Java volume2 by Cay Horstmann and Gary Cornell and changed the folder name and aha... the BeanBox worked!!

I am using jdk 1.4 + bdk 1.1 + Win2K. Please make these changes and let me know if it works for you too.

1. If anywhere in the folder hierarchy where the bdk is present, there is a folder with a space character in its name then rename it to something without space. Change the PATH / CLASSPATH / JAVA_HOME user variable(s) accordingly.

2. If the PATH / CLASSPATH / JAVA_HOME user variable(s) is set to a value with a space in the folder name then either rename that folder as in 1 above or follow MS DOS style (PROGRA~1 for Program Files) to set the variable's value.

This is what worked for me on Windows. I am not sure about other platforms. Hope this works for you too.
          • 2. Re: "Generating and Compiling an Adapter class" error
            hello guys u have solved ur bean problem.. but i amalso facing the problem..please give me some guidlines step by step.. sothat my bean will start working..
            the problemis that wheni cread my own bean and place it inthe beanbox.. after that when i create events onmy beans it shows generatingand compilling adaptor classes and hangs.. as i am creating a bean on the panel.. please help...
            • 3. Re: "Generating and Compiling an Adapter class" error
              SagarJosh wrote:
              1. If anywhere in the folder hierarchy where the bdk is present, there is a folder with a space character in its name then rename it to something without space. Change the PATH / CLASSPATH / JAVA_HOME user variable(s) accordingly.
              This is what worked for me on Windows. I am not sure about other platforms. Hope this works for you too.
              Thank you very much!!!!!!!!
              You saved me from going mad, it works!