This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2009 12:00 AM by 843807 RSS

Download BDK

843807 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

I want to download BDK, I don't know where to go? Can any one help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?????????????
  • 1. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    BDK is not supported now. Try the Bean Builder: https://bean-builder.dev.java.net/

There are some useful links at: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~amk/foo/advjava/notes/
    Download BDK 1.1 directly from: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~amk/foo/advjava/notes/beans/BDK
  • 2. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    Thank you very much buddy.

But the strange thing is that BDK is mentioned in the java tutorial???????????????????
  • 3. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    It will be fully updated before Java6 release.
    Stay tuned!
  • 4. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    It will be fully updated before Java6 release.
    Stay tuned!
  • 5. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    Thank you very much
    I will use the DBK and I don't where I go fo to Download
    think you for your help
  • 6. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    I want to download the BDK JavaBean
  • 7. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    Please send me WebLink for DownLoad BDK
  • 8. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    HI
    PLASE SEND ME SETUP FOR BDK.
    I AM NOT GETTIBNG IT ANYWHERE.
    MY EMAIL ID IS dikhole_preetam@yahoo.co.in
  • 9. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    Hi Pals, BDK is no more supported. U may go for beanbuilder or NetBeans 5.
    Installation of beanbuilder is as follows.

Installation of beanbuilder in Windows

1) Requirements:

a)J2SE

You need the JDK rather than the JRE since the builder uses the Swing BeanInfo classes in the dt.jar.

Let the J2SE be installed in e:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_01. JRE be installed in e:\Program Files\java\jre1.5.0_01.

Then set the following environment variables as shown below. All these are must.

PATH=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jdk1.5.0_01\bin;e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jdk1.5.0_01\lib;e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jre1.5.0_01\bin;e:\ PROGRA~1\Java\jre1.5.0_01\lib

JAVA_HOME=e:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_01

b)Apache Ant

Apache Ant must be installed and running.

[
    Installing ANT

To install Apache Ant follow the steps mentioned below.

*For the current version of Ant, you need a JDK installed on your system with the PATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables set as described in a) above.

*Binary Edition of Ant is apache-ant-1.6.5-bin.zip. Extract the contents of this archive in a directory named �Ant�. Notice that on Windows systems the script used to launch Ant will have problems if ANT_HOME is a long filename (i.e. a filename which is not of the format known as "8.3"). This is due to limitations in the OS's handling of the "for" batch-file statement. It is recommended, therefore, that on Windows systems, Ant be installed in a short, 8.3 path, such as E:\Ant.

We installed Ant in the directory e:\Program Files\ant.

*Append  �e:\Program Files\Ant\bin� to the PATH environment variable. The final shape of PATH should be as follows.

PATH=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem; e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jdk1.5.0_01\bin;e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jdk1.5.0_01\lib;e:\ PROGRA~1\java\jre1.5.0_01\bin;e:\ PROGRA~1\Java\jre1.5.0_01\lib;
    e:\PROGRA~1\ant\bin

*Set the ANT_HOME environment variable to the directory where you installed Ant.

In our case it should be

ANT_HOME=e:\PROGRA~1\ant
    Assuming Ant is installed in e:\Program Files\ant and the PATH for JDK and JRE is already set, The following sets up the environment for Ant:

set ANT_HOME=e:\PROGRA~1\ant
    set JAVA_HOME=e:\PROGRA~1\java\jdk1.5.0_01
    set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

*Advanced
    There are lots of variants that can be used to run Ant. What you need is at least the following:
    To build and use Ant, you must have a JAXP-compliant XML parser installed and available on your classpath. The binary distribution of Ant includes the latest version of the Apache Xerces2 XML parser ( In ANT_HOME\lib\ xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar) which is JAXP-compliant. So these two jar files must be included in the classpath as shown below.

CLASSPATH=e:\Program Files\ant\lib\xercesImpl.jar; e:\Program Files\ant\lib\ xml-apis.jar

The classpath for Ant must also contain ant.jar. So the final shape of the classpath will be as follows.

CLASSPATH=e:\Program Files\ant\lib\xercesImpl.jar; e:\Program Files\ant\lib\ xml-apis.jar;e:\Program Files\ant\lib\ant.jar

NOTE: I could run ANT without setting the above two classpaths. May be if they are not set then certain functionalities will not be available.

When you need JDK functionality (such as for the javac task or the rmic task), then for JDK 1.1, the classes.zip file of the JDK must be added to the classpath; for JDK 1.2 or JDK 1.3, tools.jar must be added. The scripts supplied with Ant, in the bin directory, will add the required JDK classes automatically, if the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set.
    When you are executing platform-specific applications, such as the exec task or the cvs task, the property ant.home must be set to the directory containing where you installed Ant. Again this is set by the Ant scripts to the value of the ANT_HOME environment variable.
    The ANT manual is available in ANT_HOME\docs. ANT installlation instructions are available at ANT_HOME\docs\index.html--->Manual--->Installing ANT. The above installation instructions are taken from there. Also see there ANT_HOME\docs\index.html--->Manual--->Running Ant and ANT_HOME\docs\index.html--->Manual--->Using Ant.

Running ANT

If you've installed Ant as described in the Installing Ant section, running Ant from the command-line is simple: just type �ant� at the command-line and press return.

When no arguments are specified, Ant looks for a build.xml file in the current directory (i.e. in the directory from which �ant� command is run from the command line) and, if found, uses that file as the build file and runs the target specified in the default attribute of the <project> tag.

For further description on Running Ant see ANT_HOME\docs\index.html--->Manual--->Running Ant.

To know how to make a build.xml file see ANT_HOME\docs\index.html--->Manual--->Using Ant.

]

2)Installing Bean Builder 0.6 alpha

Just extract the contents of the beanbuilder-0_6-alpha.zip in a directory. That�s all.

We extracted it in E:\Program Files\beanbuilder-0_6-alpha.

3)Running Bean Builder 0.6 alpha

a> From command-line enter the directory in which Bean Builder 0.6 alpha is installed. In our case it is �E:\Program Files\beanbuilder-0_6-alpha�.

b> From command-line give command �ant� and press return. Ant will use the build.xml file in the current directory (i.e. in �E:\Program Files\beanbuilder-0_6-alpha�) to run Bean Builder 0.6 alpha.

In case of any confusion mail me 2 cosmicdawn05@yahoo.co.in

Unix users may write me 2 the same mail Id for installation guidence.

Finally, it's better to use NetBeans.
  • 10. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    lam on gui cho minh xin phan mem bdk de minh lam javabean nhe
    xin cam on rat nhieu
  • 11. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie
    download,please
  • 12. Re: Download BDK
    843807 Newbie