4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2010 2:40 PM by 843810 RSS

Getting the JavaHelp source code

I need to install my java application with JavaHelp in an isolated secure government environment. Their policies do not allow binary files to come into the system. Getting a waiver takes about two years.

Is it possible to get the source to build it the target environment?
      Is it legal?

I can't find the source anywhere.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Getting the JavaHelp source code
          Its right under your nose .
          The Source for javahelp is contained within the src.jar which is in the root folder of the standard installation of Javahelp. Open the Jar with a zip file extraction utility and all the source is there for your needs.

You still have the requirement of a JVM on the machine though.
          • 2. search package misssing - know where to get it?
            wTp_DaZZa wrote:
            The Source for javahelp is contained within the src.jar which is in the root folder of the standard installation of Javahelp. Open the Jar with a zip file extraction utility and all the source is there for your needs.
            well, not quite, the com.sun.java.help.search package is missing - the one I need.

Anyone know where to find it?
            • 3. search package misssing - know where to get it?
              wTp_DaZZa wrote:
              well, not quite, the com.sun.java.help.search package is missing - the one I need.

Anyone know where to find it?
              • 4. Re: search package misssing - know where to get it?
                The com.sun.java.help.search package is included in the jhall.jar that comes with the JavaHelp System download