2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2008 4:43 PM by 843810 RSS

Application Error   General Exception

Everytime I leave a pogo game it say Application Error General Exception Jave.lang.Null Pointer Exception: null pData. How do I fix this?
        • 1. Re: Application Error   General Exception
          Hi,

I'm receiving the same error whenever the JRE is running and I close IE. So, basically I get this error when closing IE after visiting any website that uses an applet. Everything seems to work fine until the time comes to close IE.

I am using IE 7 and Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling Java (there were several Java entries in my Windows Control Panel - Add / Remove Prorams).

When I try to close IE, I get a pop-up dialog that says "General Exception" Name: applet name (this value changes depending on what applet currently running). java.lang.NullPointerException: null pData.

When I click Details, I see a stack trace below:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null pData
               at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.hide(Native Method)
               at java.awt.Component.removeNotify(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Container.removeNotify(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Container.removeAll(Unknown Source)
               at sun.plugin.viewer.frame.IExplorerEmbeddedFrame.windowClosed(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help would be much appreciated.
          • 2. Re: Application Error   General Exception
            I was having the same problem everytime I was playing a java game. I had installed the IE-8 Beta and thought maybe it was the problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled IE 7. I still had the problem. I called Dell and they were very helpful. Go to tools and then click internet options. Click the advanced tab and then click Restore Advanced Settings and then click Reset. Then restart Internet Explorer. I have not had the problem anymore and that has been at least two weeks ago.