0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2008 2:28 PM by 843810 RSS

JavaHelp for web app?

Hello,

I'm trying to include JavaHelp for our web application.

Has anyone used this tool or any other tool with javascript for displaying help for web apps?

I tried to follow the browser demo that is in applet and comes with javahelp zip. It worked fine for me, but when tried to follow the same setting for the web application, I am getting this error.
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.inmedius.mentor.support.amecr.JavaHelpApplet
           at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
           at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
           at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
           at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      I know it cannot find the class, but I'm not sure how to configure it.

I have the following call to applet:
      <Applet WIDTH = 26 HEIGHT = 26  codebase="http://tetra:80/AMECR" code = "com.inmedius.mentor.support.amecr.JavaHelpApplet.class" archive="AMECR.war">
           <PARAM NAME = HELPSETURL VALUE ="AMECR/GAPIHelp.hs">
           <PARAM NAME = HELPSETNAME VALUE ="GAPIHelp">
      </Applet>
      Also, since applet approach is not that much favored, do you know if any other way to include this tool within web applications or any other tool that would do the same thing?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,