2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2009 6:13 PM by 843802 RSS

Several certificate requests on end during the applet loading/launching

Hi All,

Actually, I am not sure about where I should start this topic (may be in JSSE or Java Applets forum)...

I have next situation: JBoss AS 4.2.2 GA (Tomcat as servlet-container) running on JDK 1.6.0_16 (so as client's browser's Java plug-in), web-application deployed on it, which has an applet that intended to be used use for the file uploading. Applet uses HttpsURLConnection class for establisihng of connection to the server (useCaches set to true). It needs to authenticate on server with appropriate certificate (see my thread at: http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5421059&tstart=0 for more details).

It works OK, during the applet launching the *"Request Authentication" window ("Identification required. Please select certificate to be used for authentication.")* that allows user to choose appropriate certificate appears. It is acceptable, cause we have no means to automatically select the certificate if more then one certificate that are matches the server request are installed in browser's or JVM keystore.
      But this request window sometimes appears several times on end during the applet loading! I've examined localhost_access Tomcat's log and haven't found any additional requests to the server after applet's jar request made.

Does anybody faced such problem? Any conjecture would be appreciated.