This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 12:02 PM by 843804 RSS

Make executable jar including JMF

843802 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi

I am new to bulding packages

I'm using netBeans IDE and JMF (latest version)... I've installed JMF..

Now, I've developed a GUI interface using SWING which makes use of JMF to play video as well as to take snapshots using a WebCam...

It also makes use of MP3 SPI and other jar files (like tritonus_share.jar & tritonus_mp3.jar) for dealing with MP3 playing and recording

Now, having finished my project, I want to build a package so that just double clicking on it will install JMF, set the CLASSPATH to include all the necessary ".jar" files... The package should also contain both the source code (.java files) and .class files... plus some images and sounds used by the .java files....

How to go about doing it..

somebody plz reply quickly... project cubmission date is lurking around..

thanx in advance
  • 1. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    I want the following directories inside the executable jar

1) src -- Contains the source code (.java files)
    2) build -- contains .class files
    3) images -- contains necessary images
    4) sounds -- contains necessary sounds

Also, the executable JAR should install JMF (the JMF exe should also be a part of this JAR file, I guess) and set the CLASSPATH to the JAR files associated with JMF...

plz help out
  • 2. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    also.. .how do I make the jar file so that executing the jar file will automcatically create mySQL database (in windows) .. (I suppose, I will need to include the mySQL exe file inside the jar file I'm creating...

Another query
    lets say the JAR file I'm creating is named myJar.jar

if I include tritonus.jar inside myJar.jar...... then how do I import the specific class from this tritonus.jar ???

earlier I used to do : import org.tritonus.*

now, wot changes do I have to make ?????

plz help
  • 3. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    also.. .how do I make the jar file so that executing the jar file will automcatically create mySQL database (in windows) .. (I suppose, I will need to include the mySQL exe file inside the jar file I'm creating...

Another query
    lets say the JAR file I'm creating is named myJar.jar

if I include tritonus.jar inside myJar.jar...... then how do I import the specific class from this tritonus.jar ???

earlier I used to do : import org.tritonus.*

now, wot changes do I have to make ?????

plz help
  • 4. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    From all you want to do I suggest to google for a java installer.
  • 5. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    hey m.winter

could u plz guide me on this Java Installer ????/

thanx in advance
  • 6. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843802 Newbie
    hey

i just downloaded install4j --- A Java Installer

if anybody knows about any other installer (better than install4j) then do lemme know..

thanx
  • 7. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843804 Newbie
    Hi I am doing my final year project.
    Can anyone please guide me on how to take snapshots from a video captured from a video camera using JMF ?
    Please reply as early as possible.........
    Thank you
  • 8. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843804 Newbie
    Aroma

If your search in this forum, you will find this solution easily. Many people have already asked for this, and there are a lot of codes in here to do that.
  • 9. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    843804 Newbie
    hi buddy ,
    i have to do final year project on cctv in java. i have installed jmf.what is the next step please guide me......
  • 10. Re: Make executable jar including JMF
    EJP Guru
    1) src -- Contains the source code (.java files)
    Why?
    2) build -- contains .class files
    No. The .class files have to be in the JAR file according to their packages. You can't change that. No 'build' directory.
    3) images -- contains necessary images
    4) sounds -- contains necessary sounds
    Sure.
    Also, the executable JAR should install JMF (the JMF exe should also be a part of this JAR file, I guess) and set the CLASSPATH to the JAR files associated with JMF...
    No. JAR files can't 'install' things. You should distribute JMF along with your JAR file, to be installed in the same place, and name it in the Class-Path entry of your JAR file's manifest.mf. Unless the JMF jar needs to be installed in jre/lib/ext, in which case you will just have to arrange for that to happen - no JAR file can do that for you.