This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2010 7:07 AM by DarrylBurke RSS

how to import .jar files in order to use the classes within this file

843804 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello guys,

I'm just wondering how can i import .jar files in order to uses the classes within this file.
let's take an example:
i have a folder in which I have many .jar files which contain classes to be called. the full path of this folder is set in the Classpath inside the enviroment variables.
so does anyone have any idea how can i import these .jar files so i can use the classes?

thank you.
  • 1. Re: how to import .jar files in order to use the classes within this file
    843804 Newbie
    In Netbeans (version 5.5.1), you can add a jar file to a project by
    right clicking the project name, and chosing Properties, then Libraries
    (from Categories), and there is an "Add JAR/Folder" button, which can be
    used for adding it to the compile-time and/or run-time classpath.
    (Adding it to the Compile-time Libraries is well enough, because it will
    automatically added to the run-time through its "Classpath for Compiling
    Sources" entry.
  • 2. Re: how to import .jar files in order to use the classes within this file
    843804 Newbie
    Hi,

My problem is that: I created a Serializable class in a project. And I added this project (first project) to another project (second project). First project is appearing in the second project' s Libraries folder. No problem. I want to create a jar file from second project. i.e. I want to Build second project (I use NetBeans IDE). I am using Build Main Project tab under Run. It is falling out. I am finding it second project' s jar file under its folder. I am clicking on it. But it is NOT WORKING. Do you know WHY. Could you help me please?

Thanks,
  • 3. Re: how to import .jar files in order to use the classes within this file
    DarrylBurke Guru Moderator
    north1422, welcome to the forum. Please don't post in threads that are long dead. When you have a question, start your own topic. Feel free to provide a link to an old post that may be relevant to your problem.

Moreover, your question is unrelated to the discussion in this thread and off topic for these forums. I suggest you find a NetBeans forum and post there for help. I'm blocking your post.

I'm locking this thread now.

db