3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2010 12:58 AM by 793415 RSS

Tracing of jars at Runtime

Hi,
      At runtime i want to know which jars and in which order my application is accessing the jars.How to do that???. any api's or utility available for that
        • 1. Re: Tracing of jars at Runtime
          JPMellison wrote:
          ..At runtime i want to know which jars and in which order my application is accessing the jars.
          Why? What feature are you trying to offer to the end user, by knowing such arcane details?
          ...How to do that???.
          Please fix that sticky '?' key. One '?' indicates a question, whereas two or more often indicates a bozo.
          .. any api's or utility available for that
          First let us ascertain what functionality you (mistakenly, most likely) think this knowledge will fulfil.
          • 2. Re: Tracing of jars at Runtime
            we are using crystal reports in our application.when we run the application from the command prompt it runs fine and creates the report. But when i try to run it from eclipse, the application creates report only for those template which doesn't access the DB(displaying only the values that we pass as the parameters to the templates) and for others it throws sql exception. Now i have a doubt which driver is being used?.sqlJdbc jar(used by the application to access the Db) or whether it uses its own jar to access the DB. For this reason i want to know the jars or class files that is being acccessed by the application.
            • 3. Re: Tracing of jars at Runtime
              JPMellison wrote:
              ...For this reason i want to know the jars or class files that is being acccessed by the application.
              Would packages do? See [Package.getPackages()|http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Package.html#getPackages()].