This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2011 2:12 PM by 596007 RSS

JAR to DLL : where is gone packager.exe under JDK6 64-bit ???

843804 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi there!

under windows XP / JDK 6, DLL creation from a jar file can be done with the packager, eg using .... \jdk\bin\packager.exe myJar.jar myDll
Registering of this 32 bit DLL can then be done with .... windows\system32\regsvr32 /s myDll.dll

Now i'd like to migrate to Windows 7, JDK6 64-bit.
Is there an equivalent procedure ? As i cannot find the "packager.exe" anymore....

Any help will be highly appreciated!
  • 1. Re: JAR to DLL : where is gone packager.exe under JDK6 64-bit ???
    843804 Newbie
    Based on the zero information I can find about the Packager.exe and my own personal experience, there is no packager.exe in a 64bit flavor.

Simple solution (if you haven't figured one out already or for anyone's reference) is to simply install the 32bit version of the JDK and use the 32bit DLL created with the 32bit version of the JRE. I have tested this and it does indeed work.
  • 2. Re: JAR to DLL : where is gone packager.exe under JDK6 64-bit ???
    596007 Newbie
    I have almost the same problem than you: I'd like to generate an ActiveX with axBridge, and have had to install JDK 32 bit to have packager.exe. After that, I've been able to create and register the DLL, but even working inside a 32 bit application, it doesn't work in 64bit app. Did you get it working in a 64bit app or only in a 32bit app running inside a 64bit OS?

Regards.