This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 10:58 AM by 849794 RSS

Preverification Error with NetBeans 6.5

843810 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

Am using Netbeans 6.5 now and while am trying to build a J2ME project, it is giving preverification failed with error code 1.
I am using nokia 6131 NFC emulator integrated to netbeans and I have placed proguard.jar in bin of 6131 NFC toolkit as well.
I have placed the proguard jar in wtk bin as well. but still the error is reflecting.
I have kept obfuscation level at the highest(9).
If obfuscation is kept at any level less than 9 then project is being built without any errors.
But the jar size is coming to be as 1.4MB

Can anyone help me out with this problem.

obfuscate:
pre-preverify:
do-preverify:
Created dir: D:\NB Projects\Zero-FI1.2CSPOV-SBI\build\preverifysrc
Copying 215 files to D:\NB Projects\Zero-FI1.2CSPOV-SBI\build\preverifysrc
Created dir: D:\NB Projects\Zero-FI1.2CSPOV-SBI\build\preverified
Preverifying 215 file(s) into D:\NB Projects\Zero-FI1.2CSPOV-SBI\build\preverified directory.
Error preverifying class ge
VERIFIER ERROR ge.<init>()V:
Incompatible argument to function
D:\NB Projects\Zero-FI1.2CSPOV-SBI\nbproject\build-impl.xml:475: Preverification failed with error code 1.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 25 seconds)

Someone please help me in getting out with the error.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh Pachawa.
  • 1. Re: Preverification Error with NetBeans 6.5
    jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Expert
    rakesh.pachava wrote:
    If obfuscation is kept at any level less than 9 then project is being built without any errors.
    Obviously that is the problem then.

Obfuscation changes the code. And your error suggests a bug in the obfuscator rather than your code.

Make sure that you have the newest versions of everything.

Other than that best you can do is locate the exact problem area (where it has a problem) in your code and then modify it in some way so that the error goes away. The process of doing that is just a matter of guessing and trying until it succeeds.
  • 2. Re: Preverification Error with NetBeans 6.5
    849794 Newbie
    Hi sir,I've checked my obfuscation level and was at zero 0. but i get this error

Error preverifying class org.netbeans.modules.junit.AbstractTestGenerator
    java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: org/netbeans/api/java/source/CancellableTask
    G:\JAVA PROJECTS\MobileApplication\nbproject\build-impl.xml:475: Preverification failed with error code 1.
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 seconds)

I tried to play music in my j2me application, hence i need urgent help.and pls tell a technique to link opera mini browser or any browser jar file to browse web pages through it.