3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2009 3:15 AM by 843810 RSS

How to use JVMTI in CDCs

It is said that JVMTI can be used in CDCs to monitor the thread, stack, heap and so on. But when I try to use JVMTI in my application with interests, I find that I don't know how to use it.
      Can anyone tell me how to create an application in CDC such as phones with Symbian S60 to monitor the JVM? Any information is helpful, such as where to find the jvmti.h in the operation system S60 and so on.
        • 1. Re: How to use JVMTI in CDCs
          What's more, I use the Carbide C++ to develop the monitor application.
          • 2. Re: How to use JVMTI in CDCs
            bbsunchen wrote:
            > It is said that JVMTI can be used in CDCs to monitor the thread, stack, heap and so on. But when I try to use JVMTI in my application with interests, I find that I don't know how to use it.
            > Can anyone tell me how to create an application in CDC such as phones with Symbian S60 to monitor the JVM? Any information is helpful, such as where to find the jvmti.h in the operation system S60 and so on.
            It is said in infoworld that :

Milestone releases of phoneME open source projects also are planned for this year; phoneME is intended to expand usage of Java ME in the mobile handset market.
            Milestone 4 of phoneMe Feature, for feature phones, is planned for March, offering virtual machine enhancements as well as improvements for the UI, multitasking, and security. <strong>Milestone 3 of PhoneMe Advanced, for more graphically rich phones, is due around September, with dual-stack CLDC/CDC support and capabilities for Java Virtual Machine Tool Interface (JVMTI) and Ahead of Time (AOT) compilation.</strong>

So phoneME is a vertion of J2ME, but which company's device can support phoneME, like Nokia? And which operation system can support the phoneME and JVMTI?

I don't know....

But I was trying to solve these problem!

It is said that you can use Linux/x86, phoneME SDK 3.0, and Netbeans 6.0 to develop the phoneME in sun's forms! Bingo!

Can anyone support any more information to solve this question?

Edited by: bbsunchen on Mar 27, 2009 12:55 AM
            • 3. Re: How to use JVMTI in CDCs

It is said in the MUSIC website that one of the platforms that support the phoneME is windows mobile 5.0 and 6.0.Bingo!
              Very interesting! Isn't it?
              In my last talk I said you can develop application for phoneME in linux and now I said that it can run on windows!
              I will continue my work...
              Calling for help...