0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2010 7:18 PM by 843811 RSS

denied access outside a permitted URL subpath Urgent for US Navy Enlisted

Hello my name is Edward and I am doing this on behalf of my friend who is in the US Navy. They have courses that are to be due at a certain time.

www.nko.navy.mil

The certificate is invalid. This is causing a certificate error on the java applet. I have been trying to fix this issue simply by ignoring the certificate error I have used Keytool to input the untrusted certificate in to the keystore. I am at a loss I'm not an expert on certificates or SSL.

Here is the error from here I do not know where to go and if he does not do the course by Monday 4/24/2010 he will be in trouble on his ship the USS Princeton. There is one computer on the ship that is able to work but because of the satellite slowness he will be on his ship all weekend and not with his family. These courses last 12 hours on regular internet. Can you please help! I believe the reason it works on the ship is because its probably using an old version of Java that would allow this applet to run.

Here is the error I get. What command line (text) should I input into java.policy file to make this work.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
      Timestamp: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:54:16 UTC

Message: java.lang.SecurityException: denied access outside a permitted URL subpath
      Line: 570
      Char: 2
      Code: 0
      URI: https://ile-lms-cont01.nko.navy.mil/CNETCustomContent/SCORMRelayer/functionsAICC.js

P.S. We have found that with different versions of java we have some more or less functionality with the applet I dont know if this helps or not. We are going to the ship to see what the exact version and settings. The is a widespread problem with the site from coast to coast unitl they update the certificates. In the mean time if anyone knows the exact version that works for the test or a work around you would helping out a ton of enlisted men.

Thanks again San DIego, CA

Edited by: hondablaster on Apr 24, 2010 5:16 PM