3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 9:18 PM by 838057 RSS

Java ME SDK 3.0 not working on Windows 7 64-bit

803149 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everybody,

the sdk has no 64-bit Version and the solution described at:
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5434297&tstart=45
did not work for me.

Even after changing the two configuration files bin\java and toolbar\bin\java to point to 32-bit installations of the jdk/jre, the sdk does not work and it cannot be uninstalled.

Error when starting the SDK:

A java.io.IOException exception has occurred.
Click Show Details or see the messages.log file located in your Z:\javame-sdk\toolbar\3.0\var\log folder.

(Details:)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:375)
     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:189)
     at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
     at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
     at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
Caused: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
     java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
     at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
     at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)
     at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
     at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
     at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)
Caused: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
     java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
     at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:101)
     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
     at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1886)
     at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1856)
     at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:257)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub
     at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:338)
     at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
     at com.sun.jme.toolkit.remoting.client.rmiimpl.ObjectServerConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
     at com.sun.jme.toolkit.remoting.client.rmiimpl.ObjectServerConnectionImpl.start(Unknown Source)
     at com.sun.jme.toolkit.remoting.client.rmiimpl.ObjectServerConnectionImpl.lookupMBean(Unknown Source)
     at com.sun.jme.toolkit.remoting.client.rmiimpl.ObjectServerConnectionImpl.findObject(Unknown Source)
     at org.netbeans.modules.javame.common.container.devicemanager.DevicemanagerHelper.openConnection(DevicemanagerHelper.java:53)
     at org.netbeans.modules.javame.common.container.devicemanager.DevicemanagerHelper.getDeviceManager(DevicemanagerHelper.java:86)
     at org.netbeans.modules.javame.platform.jme_sdk.autoinstaller.AutoInstaller.ensureDMStarted(AutoInstaller.java:292)
     at org.netbeans.modules.javame.platform.jme_sdk.autoinstaller.AutoInstaller.restored(AutoInstaller.java:63)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.NbInstaller.loadCode(NbInstaller.java:421)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.NbInstaller.load(NbInstaller.java:342)
     at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(ModuleManager.java:906)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(ModuleList.java:428)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(ModuleList.java:364)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(ModuleSystem.java:276)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Main.java:165)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:312)
     at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:110)
[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

When I try to uninstall, an error log file is generated in the installation path of the SDK. Although it "sees" the 32-bit java installation, at its botton appears the following (interesting?) line:
vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (17.0-b17) for windows-amd64 JRE (1.6.0_21-b07), built on Jul 17 2010 01:05:36 by "java_re" with MS VC++ 8.0 (VS2005)

Can someone help?
Thanks a lot in advance.
  • 1. Re: Java ME SDK 3.0 not working on Windows 7 64-bit
    803149 Newbie
    Hi again,

Although the SDK magically started after some restarts, many apps seem to have problems.
    The same apps run without any changes at all in the SDK on Win 32-bit.

It seems to be a problem related to Threads. If I find out the cause of the problem, I will post more about the nature of the applications (or even SDK Demos) that don't work, but meanwhile I have a question:

Does anybody know any official pages about the issue "Java ME SDK on 64-bit"? Any particular problems/incompatibilities already listed somewhere? Any statement that this should definitely NOT happen, so that I only have to look at my own configurations/settings etc.?

Thanks in advance,
    Apostolos

Edited by: Gatos on 13.10.2010 08:41
  • 2. Re: Java ME SDK 3.0 not working on Windows 7 64-bit
    838057 Newbie
    Hey what's up Gatos.

Listen I have the same problem and I was wondering if you figured it out since October 2010 (your last post).

I also get the same IOException exception error. I also have windows 7 64bit, i installed 32 bit version of the SDK and uninstalled any previous versions. The Java ME SDK 3.0 Kit installed as well, and pointing to an appropriate sdk directory. I also tried changing the two configuration files (didn't have to change them because they were correct since I did not have any other version of sdk installed prior to installation of Java ME SDK 3.0.

So I am experiencing the same exact symptoms and I am wondering if you have resolved this issue yet or if you know of any other source of information that might help me. Your help would be greatly appreciated on this one. Thanks, and please respond even if it is a no if you can.
  • 3. Re: Java ME SDK 3.0 not working on Windows 7 64-bit
    838057 Newbie
    Hey what's up Gatos.

Listen I have the same problem and I was wondering if you figured it out since October 2010 (your last post).

I also get the same IOException exception error. I also have windows 7 64bit, i installed 32 bit version of the SDK and uninstalled any previous versions. The Java ME SDK 3.0 Kit installed as well, and pointing to an appropriate sdk directory. I also tried changing the two configuration files (didn't have to change them because they were correct since I did not have any other version of sdk installed prior to installation of Java ME SDK 3.0.

So I am experiencing the same exact symptoms and I am wondering if you have resolved this issue yet or if you know of any other source of information that might help me. Your help would be greatly appreciated on this one. Thanks, and please respond even if it is a no if you can.

**EDIT:**
    The Java ME SDK 3.0 magically started few times too, after displaying manyyyyyyy of these error windows, but it does not happen every time either. HELP

Edited by: 835054 on Feb 9, 2011 12:10 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points