1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 1:42 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Deinstall 9i Client - OUI Cannot Determine the Platform

I've been using our 8i database just fine for a while with the 9i client, but we've recently upgraded to 11g and so I need the new client.

I go to run the Universal Installer and get this message:

"OUI cannot determine the platform of this system. This may occur if OUI is running on a system that is not supported or there is a bug in OUI. Please confirm that the system is a supported configuration; if it is supported, please contact Oracle Support."

even if I run the program as administrator. I get this problem when running the program itself, trying to use the shortcut, or trying a "silent install" (C:\Program Files\Oracle\oui\install\setup.exe -deinstall).

I'm using Vista. I don't want to install the 11g client on top of the 9i client.

The 9i client worked fine until the 8i database was taken out of commission. The Oracle services are all stopped.

Does anyone know what can be done, or how to uninstall Oracle manually?

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Deinstall 9i Client - OUI Cannot Determine the Platform
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          >
          I go to run the Universal Installer and get this message:
          >

Which version of OUI are you running ? 8i ? 9i ? 11g ?

>
          I'm using Vista. I don't want to install the 11g client on top of the 9i client.
          >

Pl post which version of Vista, and which version of 11g you want to install. Both 11gR1 and 11gR2 require Vista Business edition or higher -

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b32007/pre_install.htm#CIHIAGFG
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10844/pre_install.htm#CIHIAGFG

Assuming you meet all of the software pre-reqs, you can install 11g client in a separate HOME (without having to de-install the previous client)

HTH
          Srini