2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 12:15 PM by jonprigot RSS

updatemanager connection refused

jonprigot
      I am trying to register our system for updates using the updatemanager tool. Right after I start the tool from the command line, I get "WARNING: Failed to restart: java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table". After a moment, it shows the username and password screen. I put those in (they work for SunSolve), I get a few pages of Java error messages, the gist of which is:"java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 192.168.0.145", then it hangs until I ^C. I uninstalled then reinstalled the ppro, updatemanager, and swup series of packages, but it didn't make a difference. Suggestions?
        • 1. Re: updatemanager connection refused
          user205842
          Hello,
          the same with one of two new X4540

updatemanager
          Java Accessibility Bridge for GNOME loaded.

Oct 6, 2010 1:50:08 PM ClientCommunicatorAdmin restart
          WARNING: Failed to restart: java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table
          Exception occurred during event dispatching:
          java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
          at $Proxy1.getInstanceName(Unknown Source)
          at com.sun.cns.basicreg.cacao.NetworkProxyCacaoAdapter.getSCNNetworkProxyConfigMBean(NetworkProxyCacaoAdapter.java:49)
          at com.sun.cns.basicreg.cacao.NetworkProxyCacaoAdapter.isProxyEnabled(NetworkProxyCacaoAdapter.java:99)
          at com.sun.cns.basicreg.wizard.swing.PopupDialog.loadCacaoValues(PopupDialog.java:396)
          at com.sun.cns.basicreg.wizard.swing.PopupDialog.access$300(PopupDialog.java:54)
          at com.sun.cns.basicreg.wizard.swing.PopupDialog$ProxyPopupComponentListener.componentShown(PopupDialog.java:350)
          at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:162)
          • 2. Re: updatemanager connection refused
            jonprigot
            OK, I gave up and reinstalled Solaris. When I invoked updatemanager this time, I got the following message:

Oct 7, 2010 1:03:14 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$2 run
            INFO: Created user preferences directory.

There was also /.softwareupdate. I am sure that I had seen this directory when I was having a problem, deleted it, and it still wouldn't initialize properly, but now it has reasonable looking files in it. Everything initialized properly and I am running updates now. Go figure.